Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Ultra
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, love the forum. Has already steered me in SO many directions. New shark owner, 3rd Harley. She's a 2018 Ultra with all the basics, except the Rinehart pipes. Put 800 miles on her last weekend when I picked her up!!!!

I've searched and researched as many of the audio post as I could and STILL have questions. LOL!! I'm looking at replacing all 4 speakers (fairing and TP). Unsure if I will ever add speakers anywhere else (lids or lowers). But I know I want a louder and crisper system. Fireball Jack pretty much laid everything out for me in one of his comments on a post (AMP kit, Line Leveler, AMP, Fairing speakers, connectors and cables).
So IF I can find these items, here's what I'm starting with:
SounDigital 800.4 EVOX
BT355 HD Radio Line Leveler
Ground Zero 6.5" Coax GZCF 6.5SPL (Fairing)
Unsure what to put in the TP???
And with this setup should I flash my radio?
My budget is about $1700 and any suggestions would be most welcome.

There will be times that I will be removing my TP to ride around town. Do I need to make special accommodations when doing this.
Thanks for any input.
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey guys, love the forum. Has already steered me in SO many directions. New shark owner, 3rd Harley. She's a 2018 Ultra with all the basics, except the Rinehart pipes. Put 800 miles on her last weekend when I picked her up!!!!

I've searched and researched as many of the audio post as I could and STILL have questions. LOL!! I'm looking at replacing all 4 speakers (fairing and TP). Unsure if I will ever add speakers anywhere else (lids or lowers). But I know I want a louder and crisper system. Fireball Jack pretty much laid everything out for me in one of his comments on a post (AMP kit, Line Leveler, AMP, Fairing speakers, connectors and cables).
So IF I can find these items, here's what I'm starting with:
SounDigital 800.4 EVOX
BT355 HD Radio Line Leveler
Ground Zero 6.5" Coax GZCF 6.5SPL (Fairing)
Unsure what to put in the TP???
And with this setup should I flash my radio?
My budget is about $1700 and any suggestions would be most welcome.

There will be times that I will be removing my TP to ride around town. Do I need to make special accommodations when doing this.
Thanks for any input.
View attachment 432607

View attachment 432608

View attachment 432609
Sounds like a nice list! A few things to consider to swap out, don’t do the BT355 line leveler as it tends to cut some frequencies rather than fix the Harley EQ.

Replace instead with this T-Harness:

If you decide to go all out later you can add a Rockford Fosgate DSR1 DSP with this harness and it’s plug and play. This harness will supply a factory remote, DSR1 - (power, ground, remote plug) connection, more important you can retain the current speaker wires on the bike. Best part this harness is worth the $60 for plug and play options.

Also NOT flashing your bike is not an option. You have to fix the bad Harley EQ curve. I believe this T-Harness will correct the EQ curve through a sequence of pressing buttons on the bike, but only on non-GTS radios which if you have not swapped out for the 19-21 radio then it will work. This should save you a radio flash from a dealer, although I still recommend getting the radio flash as I haven’t been able to test the harness fix just yet.

As for TP, maybe look at:

MMats 6.5’s w/ 1/4” spacer
Hertz SPL neo 165’s
Diamond Audio MSPRO65 w/ 1/4” spacers

There may be more options once others chime in, but hope this will help get the convo started. Good luck bud!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts