Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before and I did look through the thread history but couldn't find exactly what I need...so:

I have a 2013 RG Ultra bone stock stereo. I'm looking to upgrade all four speakers (2 in the fairing, 2 in the Tour Pak). I just got a great deal on a Focal FD4.350 4 channel amp, but now need to but speakers and all the rest of the stuff to hook it up. I'd like to keep the HK Head Unit (for now) and just add the amp and speakers.

I'd really appreciate some direction...in the tour pak, can I put 6.5" speakers in the pods using an adapter ring? Are the stockers 5.25"? Is there a wiring harness for the HK head unit that I can tap into the speaker wires without cutting the OEM harness?

I'm looking to tackle this myself since the installer quoted me $385 to do the install. Seemed like a lot to me.

He also quoted me RF T165 speakers for $149 for the pair...I'm not sure if that is a good deal or if something better can be had for less.

Again - I really appreciate your help and sorry if this has already been hashed out.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
You're going to have find a good set of speakers to fit in your t/p speaker pods. Also you going to have to decide what type and how powerful type of system you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts