Road Glide banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Just got a new to me 2004 Road Glide. Had bikes before but this is my first full dresser efi bike. I have a couple questions and just wanted to show it off. First off these are not stock pipes as far as I know but there's no markings and can't tell what they are. Does anybody recognize them?

I plan to ride it for the summer then this winter want to start some upgrades. I have been digging around the form a bit but is there anything I should no. I was a mechanic and am a engineer so I am definitely not afraid of a wrench.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures were too big for one post. Its hard to see in the picture but the ends are curled in.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome to the forum, that's a nice looking bike. As far as advice for upgrades this place can cost you a lot of money once you start looking around, haha. There is so much you can do from mild to wild so maybe make a list of essentials you want to do and search around here for recommendations and advice. Depending on what your mileage is you may want to consider checking the cam chain tensioners if you don't know if they were done yet. They are plastic spring-loaded shoes that tend to wear on the older engines and are recommended to be checked/replaced in the 30-40k range. This forum is extremely helpful and all your questions will get answered no matter how simple they may seem. Ride safe and we look forward to seeing the progress.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I think you are right about the Klockwerks, I googled some images and they sure look like them. They don't sound bad or anything, I would maybe want a little more sound out them eventually. Would aftermarket header pipes give me a little more sound? Nothing crazy, I do ride to work in the morning and don't want my neighbors to hate me.

One of the reasons i picked this bike up was it only had 16,000 original miles so for the age its a pretty low mileage bike. But thanks for the advice on the tensioners.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome from "The Free State" :crying:

You have joined the right forum. Like others have said, nothing you ask here that someone won't be able to answer. Also, ask here before you pay big $$$ for a new part. Most of the members have made so many changes to their RG's they have parts laying ready for trade or sale.

Nice looking ride, enjoy

Hawkman

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Welcome!
To me the head pipes look like V&H dresser duals, can't say about the mufflers but your head pipes look just like my V&H dresser duals, the head pipes won't have any product name stamped into them.
The head pipes have no cat and it won't change the sound of the bike mufflers have everything to do with sound and tone of the exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.