Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY! THEY ARE HERE AND INSTALLED!

I bought my bike April 9th and I ordered my apes April 23rd. I knew that I had to have apes, but I could not get the Burly Gorillas that I had on my Road King as they would not fit the '15 RGS. So, I went with my next choice - Carlini Gangsters.

The bars were on back order for what seemed to be forever, but they finally arrived last Friday and I dropped her off on Monday to get the apes installed along with a 5k mile service. Picked her up earlier today and I couldn't be happier! The quality, the fit, the comfort - everything I was hoping for is spot on. For reference - I am 6'1".

·
Registered
492 Posts
Glad to see you finally got your Gangsters installed. Looks like a nice comfortable ride. Enjoy brother. :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Are those zip ties holding your cables to the handle bars?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yep. They thought it looked cleaner with them zip tied to the bars.

I disagreed and promptly removed them. lol
I think they do. My buddy has clips that hold his cables to close to the handle bars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why not wire the bars internally and hide the wires altogether?

I just got my FMB Choppers 12" Reaper Monkey bars in the mail this week. When I get back from vacation, I'm tearing the front end off and installing these puppies with everything wired internally. Pics on their site look great...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I just got my FMB Choppers 12" Reaper Monkey bars in the mail this week. When I get back from vacation, I'm tearing the front end off and installing these puppies with everything wired internally. Pics on their site look great...
Are they already drilled holes for you to run your wires internally?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The wires are run internally. The only thing visible is the clutch line and brake cable.

If this is the link to the FMB Choppers pics that you're talking about, they are run the same way. Internal wiring with only the clutch line and brake cable visible.

FMB Choppers 12" Reaper Monkey Bars

They are slick bars and should look great on your ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those look freakin' awesome... More like Badass!! Anyway, I just ordered the gangster apes in black, 16" for my '13 fltrx and they shipped them out same day. Should have them in a few days. Spoke with the rep by phone and said they had a minor blem in stock but vet minor blem, for a significant discount. I decided with carlini because I like how the rise sweeps forward. I originally ordered kst customs outlaws but kst had terrible customer service and still didn't even start my order after 5+ weeks waiting, so I cancelled that order.

Quick question... What cables and lines did you use and what size? I'm looking at magnum complete set but sheesh the price is up there! Is LA choppers complete cable and line sets okay brand? Never had apes before so I don't want to deal with lousy electrical wires and leaky brake lines and such

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@JL7498 - Thank you! You will love the Carlini bars! I never had any problem with their customer service, but there was a back order on the bars when I ordered them April 23rd and approximately three months for them to come in. More of a frustration than a complaint.

All of my extensions came from Drag Specialties.

Hydraulic Clutch Line +10

Part number for the clutch line is 0661-0008.

Break Line Kit +10

Part number for the break line kit is 1741-3999.

Wire Extension Kit +12

Part number for the wire extension kit is 2120-0369.

I haven't experienced any problems with any of their products and I also ran them for the 16" apes I had on my Road King before this bike. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.