Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first thing I did when my 2006 came home was swap out the stock bars for a set of Heritage bars I had in the garage. Combined with the pillow look touring seat I traded for it sits pretty good. Comfy as a matter of fact. But when I'm going slow I would like to have less reach at full lock.

So, what would the recommendations be for something with 1 or 3 inches more pullback? The height is fine but another inch up or down wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

I don't like bars like Yaffe's. No sharp angles or corners. 1 1/4 inch with internal wiring, no TBW.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Take a look at the spec's for the Wild One 515's. Should give you what you want.:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Might look at Khrome Werks 2+ and their 2+2's

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a look at the spec's for the Wild One 515's. Should give you what you want.:)
But they're 36" wide. I'd rather stay around 34" if possible.

Might look at Khrome Werks 2+ and their 2+2's
These are only 1". I think they would size out pretty good though and the price is right.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went to Heritage style bars and couldn't stand them. I ended up buying from BR Customs. I bought the New Wave 2 bars and love them. BR will customize to your measurements and has some great info on his site to measure for new bars.

Good luck with your decision as there are a lot of different bars to choose from!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to Heritage style bars and couldn't stand them. I ended up buying from BR Customs. I bought the New Wave 2 bars and love them. BR will customize to your measurements and has some great info on his site to measure for new bars.

Good luck with your decision as there are a lot of different bars to choose from!
Nice looking bars. Me personally, $500.00+ for a set of handlebars ain't gonna happen. :eek:

These, on the other hand, look promising. And the price is reasonable.

Specs for Wild 1 Inc. 1 1/4 in. Road Glide Handlebars

Center Width 8 3/4 in.
Description Pre-Drilled
End Rise 13 1/2 in.
Pullback 10 1/2 in.
Rise 9 1/2 in.
Type OEM
Units Each
Width 30 1/2 in.
Weight 7.3 lbs

https://www.denniskirk.com/wild-1-inc/1-1-4-in-road-glide-handlebars.p595798.prd/595798.sku

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice looking bars. Me personally, $500.00+ for a set of handlebars ain't gonna happen. :eek:

These, on the other hand, look promising. And the price is reasonable.

Specs for Wild 1 Inc. 1 1/4 in. Road Glide Handlebars

Center Width 8 3/4 in.
Description Pre-Drilled
End Rise 13 1/2 in.
Pullback 10 1/2 in.
Rise 9 1/2 in.
Type OEM
Units Each
Width 30 1/2 in.
Weight 7.3 lbs

https://www.denniskirk.com/wild-1-inc/1-1-4-in-road-glide-handlebars.p595798.prd/595798.sku
I had these bars on my old softail. They fit me great on that bike. I sat on a friends RG that had them installed and found it had way too much pullback. Wild 1 makes a good bar if it fits you on your bike.

I'm very pleased with my bars and how they fit. I had to buy my comfort but find it worth every penny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts