Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats good? My name is Don. 2 time Afghan combat vet. Just bought my first fltr . 2008 21" front wheel 103 conversion and a baker 7 speed dakota digital gauges. its built and I'm excited. i can keep going what this bike has. i having issues with the gauges, temp doesn't stop climbing until 250 is that a normal temp?? glad to be apart of the forum. bought my first bike in 2011. 1200 nightster. its been loyal and pounds the ground hard no lie. thanks for adding me

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Don,

First...Thank you for your service, and welcome to the forum from S. Cal

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your service. Not sure what the temps are where you ride, but I have the 103 in my new RGS with Dakota Digital gauges, oil cooler and 220-240 seems to be common during the summer in central Florida for me.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. 250 is not unusual for the oil temp. If you do not have an oil cooler I would suggest getting one though. With the 103" conversion you probably have cams also which will build more heat. When 103's became the standard in the touring bikes they came with oil coolers.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
First, thank you for your service and welcome from Fort Mill. SC. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome from Texoma!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.