Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what color eye protection people wear after dark, clear or yellow? i have always used yellow because it seems to cut down the oncoming traffic headlight glare.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yell-owwww

·
Registered
13 Posts
I own both and have found the best pairs to be the remmington or maybe they are winchester shooting glasses from walmart. $4.95 a pair so i dont feel bad about throwing them away when i scatch them. I tend to favor the yellow ones though it seems like they make everything brighter especially at dusk. Now if Costa del mar would ever make clear lenses out of their 580 glass id be all over it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I perfer clear. I have tried yellow on Smith glasses and various shooting glasses and always go back to clear.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I prefer yellow at dusk and through the night as well. Ive ridden with clear, and the oncoming traffics' headlights drive me nuts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
always yellow especially if on the motorway (freeway)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I went from clear to yellow at night. Since i've gone to yellow, i haven't went back to clear. I like the look a lot better. Really helps with the glares from the lights

·
Registered
172 Posts
yellow for me, but mainly if its dark its time to park it and find beer

·
Registered
288 Posts
Last year I bought a pair of the transition glasses from HD. So at night they are clear. Don't ride much at night around here cause of all the big beasts who like to play on the roads. But at dusk heading into dark they work great.
Don't have to frig with changing lens or carrying two pairs of glasses.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I too have the WileyX transitional and love them and work well all day and night. I had the kind where you changed them but it was a pain and i never could find the lenses when I needed them.

T

·
0 Posts
I dont have to swap anything. I had a set of Transition lens made to fit my Rayban wrap around frames (the men in black style). Im good during the day and at night.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wiley X clear at night. Based on the posts here, I am going to try some yellow shooting glasses and will post my thoughts.

·
878 Posts
Clear for me. Yellow makes me think my jaundice has returned. Seriously though the yellow seems to cause headlight flair to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts