Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents - do any of you have contacts at an HD dealer -- my guy has the SEPST and my Rineharts on my 2014 LTD. But just called me to say HD does not have a map. But...HD did sell me the tuner. DOOF

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer just advised a "map was found". Will let u know results. DOOF

·
Registered
183 Posts
I really hate to post this....I loved my 13 rgc and for some dumb reason sold it. I picked up a 14 SG special last Thursday. They have improved the stock handling and ride enormously. I had Progressive 944 shocks and front suspension on the RGC. I am not saying that it was the best, but IMO the 14 is equal in stock form. Power for me is hard to tell, because I am use to having alot more.....but it is impressive in stock form, alot of torque for stock, but it needs a/c and exhaust to let it breathe. It will outrun my friends 103 limited, 255 cams, power duals, race tuner. His runs good, very good...just saying I am impressed w/ the new stock cam. I like how the batwing corners and cuts in town and on backroads....I am trying to not like this as much as the RGC, but it is being a tough sell ! I really only bought it to try and have something to ride until the next RG comes out......but I am impressed so far, and even starting to spend money on it..............sorry !

·
Registered
490 Posts
No way does a stock '14 103 outrun ur buddies stage 1 tuned 103. Unless he weighs 350 lbs and his bags fully loaded. I've seen stock dyno graphs and stage 1 graphs from the 14s, not much different than '13s .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
It would seem that the maps HD used for the earlier model 103" engines would work on the 2014 103" engines. I am not sure but I don't think HD did any major changes to the 2014 engines. I haven't payed much attention to the 2014 HD line up because there is no RG availble this year.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It would seem that the maps HD used for the earlier model 103" engines would work on the 2014 103" engines. I am not sure but I don't think HD did any major changes to the 2014 engines. I haven't payed much attention to the 2014 HD line up because there is no RG availble this year.
Limited has the "high output 103" which runs a different cam that's similar to the SE 255's.

PowerVision should be updated next week with 2014 map support.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you shelled out all that money on a new bike and bought HD's fancy tuner solution why not finish strong and do it right with a custom dyno tune for your specific bike and your specific mods at your specific sea level?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I do belive that the 103 limited motors increased the comp to 10.0 to 1,i read this in a magazine that was running a test on a 2014 ultra limited.along with a cam change,dont quote me on this,does anyone know for sure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
and that is why I hated to post......but however I wanted to provide a half assed review on the new motors and suspension....The reason I sold, I opened my mouth and the man bought it 22k. Yes it will outrun or stay with my friends stage 1 w/ 255's ! His has almost 30k miles and is 10 lbs less than me...and we swapped bikes !....I better just shut up ! ....besides, stock thru stage 4 is for girls !

·
Registered
490 Posts
Riiiiight. Stock tune on harleys couldnt be much worse-this includes your '14. Must be a shitty tune on his stage 1. Compare a stock vs a quality stage 1 dyno tune on 13 or 14 and the gains are huge. Power comes on much faster amd stays on much longer.

I guess 90% of the ppl on this for um are girls as well according to your logic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes it is true but it is not a 255 cam like some were saying. We did Dyno testing and posted before and after results. On this forum. They take a 6 pin connector now with Se tuner we are working on maps for it with our exhaust system so far Dragula pipes. Bike only has 40 miles on it so my Customer is trying to break it in. The testing we did is on a liquid cooled exhaust port heads. Bike ran cool on Dyno but did get a lot of heat on the left side floor board from cooler. Maybe it was the way I was pointing the fans.I really did like this bike. Love the dash and set up. Now just waiting to see how the road glide will look.

I do belive that the 103 limited motors increased the comp to 10.0 to 1,i read this in a magazine that was running a test on a 2014 ultra limited.along with a cam change,dont quote me on this,does anyone know for sure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Craig, in my first post.....I knew shit would be thrown at me for posting about a SG. However, I did so because the next RG should be the SAME BIKE except the fairing. All I was trying to say is....HD has made very good improvements this model year. They handle , ride and run alot better, atleast mine does. I had stage 4 on the '13 and want more for this year....but this bone stock turd impressed me ! thats all ....I have received alot of good info from this forum, only trying to give some insight back...anyone living close is welcome to ride it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
yes Drago...like they say in Thailand...same same but different !....from what I have been able to find out....the cam isnt a 255, but is a torque cam. I have tried to get the numbers ( lift , duration, etc.) for comparison...havent had any luck !....IMO and my opinion only.....guys that run stage 1 or a 255 cam will like it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
yes Drago...like they say in Thailand...same same but different !....from what I have been able to find out....the cam isnt a 255, but is a torque cam. I have tried to get the numbers ( lift , duration, etc.) for comparison...havent had any luck !....IMO and my opinion only.....guys that run stage 1 or a 255 cam will like it.
Here's some of the 2014 HO 103 cam specs, from the Dealer info package. No mention of lift. But as I mentioned previously the cam is similar (not same) to the SE 255.

Int open 3* BTDC
Int close 30 ABDC
Duration 213

Ex Open 43 BBDC
Ex close 10 ATDC
duration 233

For the record I've always thought the Roadglide specific focus was a little narrow minded... that said, I found a few tricks specific to the RG fairing here that I never saw on the general HD forums...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts