Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a map from jamie at fuel moto on my power vision i have tweaked it a little completely satisfied! i wana run w/o my baffles some i need to know what would i need to adjust for the loss of back pressure from the baffles????

·
Registered
99 Posts
You might want to consider adding a set of torque cones if you are going to be pulling the baffles. Fairly cheap investment and they don't take to long to install. They will give you back some of your mid and restrict at the head not back in the pipe where other leaks can still cause loss. Just a thought. Pair them with an oversized baffle they work pretty well. I had a set in my 09 RoadKing with 4 inch Rinehearts with 2 1/2 inch baffles on stock no cat headpipes. Had a Ness Big Sucker stage 1 intake, running on stock Delphi ecm. It worked fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If louder is the goal get true dual head pipes and a good set of slipons, put a S/E stage 1 air intake on it, and buy the S/E tuner for the bike.

These aren't Hondas that you just slap baffles in and out of to make them loud when you want. You pull the baffles then you need to adjust the A/F mix and add some restriction to the pipes ie torque cones and oversized baffles. When you put them back in you need to adjust again.

At the end of the day a set of pipes matched to the bike either has the sound or it doesn't. Pulling baffles for the most part is loud and sounds like shit, especially on a bagger. Bagger slip ons are generally in the 3 to 4 in inch diameter. When you pull the baffles they tend to have a loud metal tin can ringy sound.

The other thing to take into consideration is the cat. If you are running the stock head pipes they have a cat in them that is already choking the crap put of the bike and causing the bike to run leaner and hotter than it needs to. Pulling the baffles on a bike still running the cat isn't going to help much. The cat by itself is killing the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts