Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someon can help.
I have a 2019 rgs. The blue tooth used to work fine when the phone was plugged into the usb . One time while plugging the phone in, it said do you want to have access to this devices files. I clicked yes and now no blue tooth. If I disconnect from usb I can select the phone and it will play music form spotify via blue tooth. My question is how do I remove the permission to connect to phones files so I can play music via blutooth while plugged into the usb port?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I hope someon can help.
I have a 2019 rgs. The blue tooth used to work fine when the phone was plugged into the usb . One time while plugging the phone in, it said do you want to have access to this devices files. I clicked yes and now no blue tooth. If I disconnect from usb I can select the phone and it will play music form spotify via blue tooth. My question is how do I remove the permission to connect to phones files so I can play music via blutooth while plugged into the usb port?
You will have FAR better sound and quality if you play the music while plugged in vs BT - I use to BT the Phone and Play tunes via a few Apps until I plugged the phone in one day and the sound was dramatically better - I listen to a Pandora Station that I crated for riding while the phone is plugged in......no complaints

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will have FAR better sound and quality if you play the music while plugged in vs BT - I use to BT the Phone and Play tunes via a few Apps until I plugged the phone in one day and the sound was dramatically better - I listen to a Pandora Station that I crated for riding while the phone is plugged in......no complaints

Ok, how do I get it to play a music app while plugged in?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that. I wouldn't play. It would only some Samsung file that I cant even find on the phone. LOL

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't know anything about Android phones because I've never had one, but maybe it's a setting in the phone and not the radio that's giving you the problems. I can't say 100% for sure, but I don't think any phone/radio will Bluetooth music to the radio when it's plugged in. The radio should automatically default to the plug. At least that's been my experience.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I tried that. I wouldn't play. It would only some Samsung file that I cant even find on the phone. LOL
Shit.....no idea - I have an iPhone - I would have to play with it t figure it out but guessing there is some setting switched (or not switched) that is causing your default player to be a Music File System within Andoriid vs an App

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shit.....no idea - I have an iPhone - I would have to play with it t figure it out but guessing there is some setting switched (or not switched) that is causing your default player to be a Music File System within Andoriid vs an App
it actually happens my friend also, he has an I phone.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Ill check his in a few days and let you know.
Now ya got me thinking........I have had the iPhone 7+ since it came out and basically:

1. Open Pandora App
2. Select my Riding Tunes Chanel & press play
3. Adjust the Handset Volume (all the way up then back down 2 clicks)
4. Plug In to USB Cable in Glove Box
5. Music begins to play after about 10-20 seconds

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now ya got me thinking........I have had the iPhone 7+ since it came out and basically:

1. Open Pandora App
2. Select my Riding Tunes Chanel & press play
3. Adjust the Handset Volume (all the way up then back down 2 clicks)
4. Plug In to USB Cable in Glove Box
5. Music begins to play after about 10-20 seconds
that's how mine used to work, until I clicked yes on a pop up LOL and I use Spotify.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would remove your phone from the BT settings on Boom. Remove the Boom audio from the Phone BT settings. Then re-pair phone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When you plug in your android phone pull down the notifications bar, does it connect via MTP automatically? Check out this video and make sure its not doing this

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the phone is defaulting to file transfer instead of staying in charge only. I can change the setting but if unplug the usb and plug it back in, it goes back to file transfer. I only had a few min. Next I will try unpairing and repairing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts