Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After many hours of thought, I have decided to not do any more shipped systems. Some folks are not setting up and tuning their system correctly and are blowing speakers and amps at an alarming rate. Not having any control over the setup and tuning is creating warranty returns that is way beyond the failure rate of the systems I install.

I will still honor legitimate warranty claims on equipment previously sold. However, burnt voice coils on speakers and amps burnt up because of excessive gain settings will not be warrantied.

I will continue to sell and install systems in the DFW area and will still continue to support this forum.

If you have any specific questions, PM me

Sloride

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
As a small business owner..I understand and can't say I blame you. I'm sure it's a major headache trying to tune and diagnosis system issue remotely. If everyone could "read and follow the instructions" I'm sure it'd be a different story lol.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Karl,

I completely understand and don't blame you either.... incorrect setups should NOT fall on you or your business when it comes to failed components due to improper setups. Best of luck to you bro.... keep on keepin on!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Glad to here you're staying with it, local to me :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear that Karl. You sure helped me with my install and I'm still a very satisfied customer. As moto.rich said " good excuse to come to Dallas."

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Hi Karl!
I hope all is working out well for you.
I can't thank you enough for all the help you gave me with my audio system.
I don't understand how a person can blow up a speaker and then try and send it back to you under warranty.
That just plain out terrible.
You have been very fair, honest and open with everyone on Our Forum and I'm sure we all appreciate it.
Keep the faith Bro!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey guys,

After many hours of thought, I have decided to not do any more shipped systems. Some folks are not setting up and tuning their system correctly and are blowing speakers and amps at an alarming rate. Not having any control over the setup and tuning is creating warranty returns that is way beyond the failure rate of the systems I install.

I will still honor legitimate warranty claims on equipment previously sold. However, burnt voice coils on speakers and amps burnt up because of excessive gain settings will not be warrantied.

I will continue to sell and install systems in the DFW area and will still continue to support this forum.

If you have any specific questions, PM me

Sloride
Ya can't fix STUPID!
(R. White)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, Karl
I, like many others, thank you for your professionalism and honesty. It was a pleasure dealing with you and I'm happy to have what I consider a "Bangin System" in my 17 RGU.
Thank you again!
Hope that one day we can meet for some BBQ
Alan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you

Karl your one of the good guys. I thank you for all your help earlier this year. Your patience and professionalism isn't something that can be found anymore. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. If your ever in Ohio look me up.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Yup, Karl is a great guy. It looks like some of his customers are not however. Damaging equipment thru improper installation and expecting Karl to warranty their screw up is not exactly top shelf behavior. It's our loss that he is gone.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Dont parts go back to the manufacturer under their warranty? Thanks Karl for my setup...I havent put it in yet tho!!! Can we still get parts?...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts