Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding to work this morning went to hit the CC and nothing. Started checking things out, found no Brake light. But I do have rear taillight. Check rear and front brake still no light.
Then just before I get to work , The engine light in the speedo comes on.
I'm going to check the rear tail/break light bulb. If its burnt out will that cancel the CC and whats the deal with the engine light? Is this all related?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just last week coming back from a trip to Charlotte NC, I had the very same thing-no cruise-check engine light, and rear light on all the time at brake light intensity. In fact rear light stayed on when switch was past run indent and switched to accessory mode. Dealer diagnosed as a bad brake switch and was covered under warranty and yes in my case it was all related. i hope this helps.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Battery dying? How about some details on the bike.

·
Administrator
10,504 Posts
if one of the brake switches is bad or barely engaged by the brake lever , it will cancel CC

cant say about the light tho'

·
Registered
15 Posts
cruise control

New 2011 RGU with 1400 miles. Cruise just quit working . I shall be going to the dealers next week and will keep all posted. I had no other issues as of yet. After spending 25K one shouldn't be having these problems.

·
Registered
593 Posts
$25k Road-Glide or $10k Yamamoto, it's still a $10 switch. Sh#$ Happens.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just last week coming back from a trip to Charlotte NC, I had the very same thing-no cruise-check engine light, and rear light on all the time at brake light intensity. In fact rear light stayed on when switch was past run indent and switched to accessory mode. Dealer diagnosed as a bad brake switch and was covered under warranty and yes in my case it was all related. i hope this helps.
That exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I stopped by the dealership on the way home and they covered it under warranty as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts