Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on a longer autotune session on the RG, I noticed the cruise wouldn't engage while in autotune mode with the FP3. Anyone know if that is normal? Have t got a response or answer from V&H or anyone else yet, but I'm guessing it is. Trying to get an answer to be sure or start troubleshooting for another problem. I'm making great progress and don't wanna end the autotune just yet.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I had never tried it... but why would you? There is no reason to 'cruise' while in AT mode... the entire objective is to get the FP3 table as populated as you can...hitting every scenario you can think of... from slow crawl to WOT with high RPMS and everything in between. I can understand if you are out on a long ride though. Just never did an AT when I knew I had a long trip planned on my SGS. Great lil tuner though.. LOVED IT!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya, just wanted to hold the throttle while I used my right hand for a bit. First I tried it. I am getting some decent gains in the process though. Through one tank now. Curious to how much I can get populated. :grin:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Never tried using cruise either. My problem was, I auto-tuned. Got it fairly populated. Then I changed the header out to a de-cat. Back to square one with a new base map. (first world problem?)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't answer that one either, never tried during AT. Once spring gets here I may have to try it and see.
I'll find out here soon when I am done with the current AT. Just wondering if anyone experienced that and had a confirmation to my theory. Plan to have this autotune wrapped up after the next full tank.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got tired of waiting for V&H email response and called tech support. They said it is normal and that it isn't supposed to work while in autotune mode. Doesn't explain others that have said cruise control works while they're autotuning...:confused:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, tried the cruise again this morning on the way into work while autotuning...and yup! It worked. I don't know what was up the other time, probably operator error. But that raises the question as to why V&H technician told me explicitly that it's not supposed to?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now formerly green populated cells are disappearing during the next autotune session. I didn't apply settings or anything like that prior to them disappearing and many of the same green cells were still present. They're closed today, but plan on following up with them again to see what story I get this time... Has anyone noticed loss of green populated cells during a current autotune session? Never had these issues with the FP3 used on my Dyna...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Curious if this is still an issue, I know it is only just March and weather might not permit riding.

I just purchased a breather and some full system pipes >:) and leaning towards this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curious if this is still an issue, I know it is only just March and weather might not permit riding.

I just purchased a breather and some full system pipes >:) and leaning towards this?

Thanks!
Not that one would normally use the cruise control when auto tuning, but not it's not an issue. Funny thing is that V&H said the cruise shouldn't work while in auto tune mode, but it does.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gotcha, does anyone have these on a 2013? I looked on their website and looks like u can only use this on a 2014 and up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotcha, does anyone have these on a 2013? I looked on their website and looks like u can only use this on a 2014 and up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hogpro says they're coming out with an FP3 for the 2013 and older bikes very soon.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hey Rock, in the end I just reverted back to one of the V&H stock canned maps because I could never feel much difference after running multiple auto tune sessions. Fuel economy was the same, minimal decel pop, good acceleration, no flat spots and just ran "right" even with the canned map.

However, on the three different auto tunes I did run (I'm talking three individual sessions starting fresh from the canned map and running two tanks of fuel through each tuning session) I never lost previously populated cells. The only time the cells disappeared was when I hit apply or finish after auto tuning.

Connectivity issues have been a widespread problem at times. They seemed especially troublesome after the last app update (I'm on Android).

The general consensus is to un-pair any media devices from the radio (especially phone), disable blue tooth on the radio and if necessary turn off the wifi radio on your phone and use the data connection only.

You might try each of these ideas and see if one or more helps with the connectivity issue.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey Rock, in the end I just reverted back to one of the V&H stock canned maps because I could never feel much difference after running multiple auto tune sessions. Fuel economy was the same, minimal decel pop, good acceleration, no flat spots and just ran "right" even with the canned map.

However, on the three different auto tunes I did run (I'm talking three individual sessions starting fresh from the canned map and running two tanks of fuel through each tuning session) I never lost previously populated cells. The only time the cells disappeared was when I hit apply or finish after auto tuning.

Connectivity issues have been a widespread problem at times. They seemed especially troublesome after the last app update (I'm on Android).

The general consensus is to un-pair any media devices from the radio (especially phone), disable blue tooth on the radio and if necessary turn off the wifi radio on your phone and use the data connection only.

You might try each of these ideas and see if one or more helps with the connectivity issue.
Oh they replaced that unit a little while ago after a month worth of calls and finally posting my issues on another forum. Chris Neely monitors the forums and finally authorized a replacement after reading my issues. New one is working fine. Still has problem connection if my phone is bluetoothed to the bike. Pain in the ass to unpair it to auto tune. But I can live with that. I've done some auto tuning with the new unit, and I too haven't notice any appreciate benefits. Canned tune is probably all one needs to do. But I will mess with the auto tune some more before giving up on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts