Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this i never encountered before.

changed handle bars, had some pinched wires and sorted that problem out, test drove about 30 min everything fine.

on the way to work this morning (10 min ride) the check engine light comes on and i have no front brakes, lever pulls like there is no brake fluid, abs light was not on.

get to work and there is no leaks, and when i turned the bike back on brakes were back, any ideas?

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Did you replace brake lines when you did the bars? Make sure everything in the control is there and nothing got bent or fell out at the lever and master cylinder

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you replace brake lines when you did the bars? Make sure everything in the control is there and nothing got bent or fell out at the lever and master cylinder
didnt replace brake lines, not sure if anything fell out, its weird, i had brake then no brakes then brakes again, i dont get it

·
Registered
593 Posts
What year bike? Not certain on this, but I thought that was a recall issue for some bikes.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but I believe it has something to do with the ABS-sensor module. A H-D tech will hook up the diagnostic while servicing the brakes.
Check the DTC-codes; a C-code indicates an issue with the ABS-system (from your recent handiwork :D). A work-around to your problem is as simple as just pushing the brake lever 6-8 times (ingnition ON, duh) as this will usually reset the ABS-sensor (flushing the system).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts