Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not the guy in shorts texting! My
bike won't allow that.
It won't track straight, always drifts left. 08 RG with 2500 mi.,just purchased in March. I'm guessing the rear wheel is not straight with the bike. I need to check that! Any other thoughts?

·
878 Posts
Get it on a table and look for the obvious (and subtle) alignment issues. Measure it twice, and be precise. There are some good alignment tutorials around if ya Google for it...far better than what I could describe.

Also could be other things...fairing mounted slightly off, tire issue, extreme saddle bag load difference all come to mind right off the bat.

How pronounced is your drift? Does it cross the lane in a mile...half mile...20 feet?

I know these guys (and gals) on this forum...get them the data, and they will chime in with the fixes. Class bunch of people here, and a knowledge base that's amazing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
no hands @ 45mph = super awesome death wobble.

its neat to try to show your passenger and explain,
"No it just does it, its not unsafe, see? All of them do it, its just physics"

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
no hands @ 45mph = super awesome death wobble.

its neat to try to show your passenger and explain,
"No it just does it, its not unsafe, see? All of them do it, its just physics"
Need to have your steering bearings tightened. My 08 did that till they were tightened.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Need to have your steering bearings tightened. My 08 did that till they were tightened.

that takes away from the unexpected excitement!!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Chicks dig dangerous bikes.

Actually I asked about that and that's where I got the "that's the way they are" line.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Harley says "dont take your hands off the bars"

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I don't take my hands of the bars. a Rouge rock, titanium squrrel, swing arm bushing worn,stuff flying out of pickups. Hit a wheel barrel on I80 once, came flying out the back of a pick up. Hurt like hell. Saw it fly out. Semi truck on my right slammed on the breaks, but I could not change lanes, so I had both hands on the bars when I hit it. Got a bruise and front fender damage, tweeked the crap out of my handle bars. but never took my hands off the bars. Did drive directly to church to say a prayer of thanks. Thought about wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Not for nothin, I love the bikes, I love they are (mostly) American and made here, but f"ck me in the ass, I cant get over that attitude we get from them, like we are a bunch of idiots..Why is that?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Not for nothin, I love the bikes, I love they are (mostly) American and made here, but f"ck me in the ass, I cant get over that attitude we get from them, like we are a bunch of idiots..Why is that?
Posts like that in the bold font are only allowed on Thursdays. Capiche?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Because of all the wives tales and shop talk. Forums are a way for us to throw up the red flag and say "hey WTF?" and progressively counteract the poor excuses we are being given. HD has the market and they figure they always will. They are like American car makers, they won't change or produce better products until they absolutely need to. A good service dept will address the imperfections, a poor service dept will sell you the imperfections as a unique design characteristic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I'll check that. Checked rear wheel alignment tonight and it's right on. I just thought of something. I changed out the handle bars and relocated the clutch cable. Maybe it's a little tight. I'll bet that's my problem.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Posts like that in the bold font are only allowed on Thursdays. Capiche?

I didnt realize it wasnt thursday and I didnt realize it was bold, sorry my friend

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
We have actually been told by the factory that baggers will pull left to compensate for the fact most people only load all their stuff in the right bag.

I am sadly one of those guys. Left bag empty, right filled with tons of shit LOL

We have also been told "You don't ride bikes with no hands". Man I love the HD and their answers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts