Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I introduced myself in the new member forums a few weeks back and today I can finally introduce my ride. Rode to a dealer in MD Saturday since the demo fleet was there to test ride a new Ultra. Wasn't planning on a new bike, but plans are made to change. Picked her up last night and just passed the 50 mile break in on my lunch break. On top of all this my first grandaughter came into the world the same day I bought the bike.......I think the smile is a permanent fixture for the foreseeable future!

So, as I start my search for customization parts can anyone tell me if the 19 is all alone from a perspective of parts compatibility? I see fitment on some stuff saying 09-16 then 17-18 are lumped together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
So, as I start my search for customization parts can anyone tell me if the 19 is all alone from a perspective of parts compatibility? I see fitment on some stuff saying 09-16 then 17-18 are lumped together.
Congrats on the new sled.

That's a loaded question, although if you're buying from a reputable source you can "usually" trust the fitment guides. You kind of have to break it up into 3 categories;

Engine related - The M8 is a different beast than the TCs that came before it.

Frame, suspension related - The Rushmore is a different beast than the platforms before it.

Peripheral parts - Seats as an example, are interchangeable between a wide range of touring year models.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Congrats & welcome from Maryland. Was that Chesapeake HD you went to?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Congrats on the new Shark and the grandbaby! That color combo sure is a looker!

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Nice lookin bike. Congrats ! Like said above. Some things 08 up fit, some things 15 up fit somethings 17 up fit. All depends.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Congrats on the new purdy ride! and congrats on the new granddaughter :grin:

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,814 Posts
I agree with the above, depends on what the part is. Generally speaking you'll want '17-'19, but on some things you can go all the way back to 2009. So is the bike gonna be named after your grand daughter? Congrats, you're gonna love it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats on the granddaughter and the beautiful new scoot. I second what Uncle Fuzzy said on the parts fitment.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Congrats on both accounts and welcome from State College! You should try and find a bunch of us at our Gettysburg M&G on the 13th...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts