Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Risers on a 2010 roadglide. this set up rocks, I can change the hieght of my bars by changing the risers or adding riser extentions to find that sweet spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these bars are called +2, there made by cycle vision. there the same style as stock only 2 inches taller, u can find them in drags fat book.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is exactly what I was thinking of doing. Maybe a dumb question, but will any riser for a harley work on an RG?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RG with risers.

yes, risers will work just fine with your stock bars. your stock bars look really good on roadglides, there just a little to low for my taste. I have a bad back and i've found out when I raise my bars to be in line with my shoulders it takes the pressure off my lower back. its real hard to find a set of bars that look good on a roadglide. When you go with the risers its nice because you can keep all the wires outside the bars. With the new fly by wire system it's a pain to get all the wires inside the bars. When you leave the wires outside the bars you have options, you can change the bars easily, you can change the risers, you can add riser extentions, if theres a short in a wire its easy to access.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Can you see any of the lights on the bezel? Like the neutral, or oil, or any of those? Looks like they would be covered up by the risers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
risers

the only light I have trouble seeing is the gas light and the oil light. nuetral is fine, speed is fine, RPM is fine.

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
I been thinking of this myself

I didnt wanna trash the fascia over the mounting points , but it appears you were able to trim it to fit the risers in , or is the fascia on the '10 different ..

·
Registered
242 Posts
That is cool. Are you using extensions ? Or did you replace the risers ? I have the khrome werks sweepers +2. I think the extensions would work great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just thought I would point something out that I just went through.

DO NOT get pull back risers. They will have to be straight. I got some used 4" pull backs and found upon installation that they interfere with the ignition switch.

I never even thought of it when I picked up a set. Live and learn..... doh!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just thought I would point something out that I just went through.

DO NOT get pull back risers. They will have to be straight. I got some used 4" pull backs and found upon installation that they interfere with the ignition switch.

I never even thought of it when I picked up a set. Live and learn..... doh!!!!
Its not so much that you can't use pull backs, its more that you can't use 4" pullbacks. I bought some, and hit the same problem, but I think they would work if they were taller. I'm going to try them again with some spacers, and I think they'll clear the switch. That's tomorrows project, so I'll let you know.

Toby

·
Registered
109 Posts
it looks like you cut out the cover. is that correct? this seems like a great alternative. i wouldn't mind putting some 1.5" risers on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its not so much that you can't use pull backs, its more that you can't use 4" pullbacks. I bought some, and hit the same problem, but I think they would work if they were taller. I'm going to try them again with some spacers, and I think they'll clear the switch. That's tomorrows project, so I'll let you know.

Toby
Ok, got the 4" pull backs to work. First, I added a spacer. I just used 5/8" hex nuts from home depot. Still no joy. Then, I was going to try and press some fo the pull back out of them, so I put them back on, to see how much straighter they needed to be. I put the left one on, when I realized that it was actually the right one, and was therefore, upside down. But it suddenly looked like it was going to work. This put the 'fat' side of the riser on top, out of the way of the ignition switch. So, I put the other one on, mounted the bars, and tada, it worked.

I still want to play with the exact bar placement, but that's a piece of cake, now that all four bolts are out in the open, but its already much, much better.

Toby

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Technically, you have the risers reversed. Left on the right and right on the left. The clamp is upside down. If it works great, but I'm going to just modify my bars to avoid risers. I already have the 10" rise bars. A little cutting and welding will do the trick.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts