Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys 103 six speed with no power. Rev the bike and imediatly after letting throttle go it goes to idle like its being held up. Checked oil amount in motor via allen plug in bottom of the motor the correct amount came out. Took primary cover off and chain was way tight!!! got it to loosen seemed to actually make a difference on the lift rode bike and was back to same problem motor is being held back.. Ordered adjustable tennsioner installed and got a very loud noise from primary. Took cover off and all looks good took clutch and every thing apart and it looks and feels all good bearing seems intack and noise free. Tranny shaft seems a little stiff to turn...Any thoughts on this??? pls help

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no codes no limp mode... and yes i am the mechanic true but even i need some advice!!! Last time this happened it was a plugged oil passage but this time it is not..Wondering with the primary chain so tight it broke the tranny bearing..i know theres alot smarter guys out there thats why i ask questions

·
Registered
618 Posts
The year helps. Be guessing at 2011 and up. FBW connections on 08's and 09's. Strange no codes. You could drain trans and see if metal shavings are present. Busting chops as far as your bio. That's why the ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked the tranny nothing and it runs fine except the no power thing lol if that makes any sense at all. i had an 03 that did this turned out the oil return passage was blocked from the engine case oil would load up and shoot out the breather..This one does not do that so its stumped me dont wanna just tear it apart and charge the shit outa the guy but if it were my motor i woulda already... its a tbw bike yes but its not that..ive heard that these auto adj. chain adjusters can wreak havoc but never experienced it myself...BUST BALLS buddy just trying to say im humble and need input from you guys!!! lol

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Pull the crankcase drain plug, and measure the amount of oil in there.
4-6 oz. is normal, have seen 8 oz still OK.
Sounds like you have more than that..........
Scott

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey hillside yea that was the first thing i did..customer said that he parked it and then a week later he started it and then he had no power.. im at a loss here

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hillside its exactly like sumping with out all the damn oil.... with the scannalizer on it i can rev it to well over 5000 with no oil evacuating or i can ride it twenty thirty minutes without any extra oil out of the oil plug via bottom of the motor.. i found a broken compensator so im waiting for the moco to send the updated screaming eagle but i do not believe that this is my power issue...i am sur im going to need to open the motor up but the customer really doesnt wanna go that far he thinks its just fine....!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Got thinking about this some more, and upon deccel, if ALL the fuel is removed to control popping, it'll have that characteristic also.
Something to check?
Scott

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hillside thats excellent!!!! i believe the local moco did install a tuner ill check to see whats what on that !!! never even thought of that one

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
When we attended Dynojet Powercommander Training seminars years ago, we were told that you can drown, or starve them on decell.
When they are starved from fuel, it can feel like the brakes are being applied.
Scott

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i had the same class... theres a sert installed on it looked at the maps and all seems fine i fattened it up a little and no damn change.. Pretty sure this damn motor is roached...But the customer isnt having it even let him ride my 13 road glide 103 and he felt his was still ok....UUUGGGGGG :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update finally got a code out of this bike and it said tp so i called the moco and oh guess what theyre having issues with the 2010 tp sensor or the servo wth so the guy is bring it in to the moco they told me every thing to check and wires to test and every thing they would check and its narrowed down to the throttle motor is bad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts