Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pulled my handlebars off to swap them and tighten my bearing, started putting it back together turned key on and no power, i checked all the fuses but most have no power, think only the 40amp did. the key cylinder seams to turn as it should. i ended up straightening them instead of swapping, avon is out of heated grips didnt want to put em back on without them.
and i cant find where the wire connector from the acc switch plugs into.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I pulled my handlebars off to swap them and tighten my bearing, started putting it back together turned key on and no power, i checked all the fuses but most have no power, think only the 40amp did. the key cylinder seams to turn as it should. i ended up straightening them instead of swapping, avon is out of heated grips didnt want to put em back on without them.
and i cant find where the wire connector from the acc switch plugs into.
Do you have headlights / turn signal power? I'm just curious if you're having the same issue I'm having. I also removed my ignition. I have no power what so ever. Only thing I see getting power is when I press the odometer button I can see the mileage light up and theft light blinking.

All my fuses are still good, don't have a way to check if they are getting power or not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may need to use a flat blade screwdriver to clock the ignition tumblers.( usually one click to the left for me) Then reinstall the ignition.
ill try that again, but the switch went on all the way and turned like normal. got any idea where the wire from the accessory switch plug into? i can seam to find the connection, wouldnt think that would be the problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have headlights / turn signal power? I'm just curious if you're having the same issue I'm having. I also removed my ignition. I have no power what so ever. Only thing I see getting power is when I press the odometer button I can see the mileage light up and theft light blinking.

All my fuses are still good, don't have a way to check if they are getting power or not.
dont think so, i didnt check odo button, i will tonight

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
dont think so, i didnt check odo button, i will tonight
Let me know if your lights are working.

Because right now, if I switch the ignition switch on, I don't even hear the fuel pump activating and the gauges resting.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know if your lights are working.

Because right now, if I switch the ignition switch on, I don't even hear the fuel pump activating and the gauges resting.
yep that's what mine is doing, I can push odo it will give me reading, other than that nothing works

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was the ignition switch, I sprayed grease in it to make the shaft go in as it was making a noise when I turned it well guess it got on the contacts, I took it off and sprayed it with contact cleaner now it works :grin:

Reactions: hoosierboarder
1 - 9 of 9 Posts