Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from SD last week. We were there for 7 days and didn't see a single Rushmore RG. People have been buying them up like crazy in Atlanta. We did see a couple of older RGs, but just a couple.

It was nice to have one of the lone RGs.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
My dealer here told me that down here people don't seem to like the new fairing.but it doesn't look that bad to me???

But I do have to say that we just got a new ultra low and there is no buffeting at all on the freeway with wind.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
My dealer has all 3 colors of the CVO in stock along with at least 6 RG/RGS on the floor. 2 of the 3 CVO RG's have been there since late fall into January and the 3rd one arrived this month. No one seems to be picking them up for some reason. I would love to have one of the CVO's (rode one at the York Open House last September and loved it), however, the price is not something that I can consider at this time.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
So do you think that the price :eek: of the CVO has anything to do with sales??

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I seldom see 2015 RGs on the road in any configuration. My dealer has umpteen CVOs in the three colors and plenty of the RGs and RGSs on the floor, too. FWIW, I don't see many 2015 EG CVOs on the road either. I think the MSRP of the CVOs coupled with dealer markup on them has surpassed what many in the market will pay. I have owned a CVO in the past and would never drop the coin for what they are asking now.

One of my brothers just purchased a 2015 Street Glide Special and for two reasons. The color selection and his dealer was willing to negotiate more on a SGS than on a RGS. Not sure how that can be, but it's what he told me.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
40K for a RG CVO. While if I really wanted it I could have it. But makes no sense. With the miles I ride it would be worthless in 6 months.
It I trade for the current RG stick the cash into it to get it close to a RGU it cost nearly as much as a Limited. Plenty of new 2015 limits to be had yet.
I looked long and hard at a limited but just do not want to give up my RGU.
Thinking about keeping my 2013 another year unless they really impress me in August.
Right now it is all about August.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Was at the Laconia Rally two weeks ago. Saw more than 25 2015 RG's pass me during the week.

Hard to get in New England now. Wasn't many left when I got mine the end of April.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Kutter (actually n/k/a Boardtrackers) in Janesville has pretty much your pick of color CVO and non-CVO on the floor as well. Always trying to get me to trade in my 12 on one every time I walk in there.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That's interesting about Kutters/Boardtrackers, emailed them about a couple of bikes, got the standard reply that someone from sales would be contacting me, never heard a word from them, almost a month ago now, unless it was the sweetest deal ever, they can stick their bikes where the sun don't shine !!! flhman

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That's interesting about Kutters/Boardtrackers, emailed them about a couple of bikes, got the standard reply that someone from sales would be contacting me, never heard a word from them, almost a month ago now, unless it was the sweetest deal ever, they can stick their bikes where the sun don't shine !!! flhman

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That's surprising, they have always been really good with me be it parts, sales or service. Not making excuses but that was about the time they changed ownership. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come and rather just an oversight during the transition.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That's surprising, they have always been really good with me be it parts, sales or service. Not making excuses but that was about the time they changed ownership. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come and rather just an oversight during the transition.
From what I've been hearing , from some of their hog chapter members, it's not gonna be good, only time will tell. Their service dept won't ever touch my bike or anything having to do with my bike, not trying to come off pricky, but if you want my business, you better bring your A game, and so far they can't even answer a request for a quote for a bike ??? flhman

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Maybe it's a southeastern thing - but here in upstate SC I've noticed a good many RG15's. Really surprised me how many Rushmore SG's popped up so quickly.

Ron

·
Registered
853 Posts
The Rushmore bikes are EVERYWHERE down here in Atlanta. I guess we're just smarter than the rest of the country! :D :eek: ;)
There were quite a few at Shark Week too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Selling like hot cakes around here. Guys I ride with, including me there is 4 out of 6. See them all over the place.

Used to be baggers didn't sell a lot out west, with folks getting older I'm sure that's changed. Wait till the Black Hills Rally is in full swing, there will be lot's of them around Rushmore.

·
Registered
490 Posts
New RGs are very popular around here. I see more of them than the earlier models.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.