Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very green newbie here, just installed the CV B54 amp and front Polk mm1 and rear Polk (5X7) speakers on my 15 RGS. Everything works, shows artist, volume level, but no sound at all. I know it's something on me, do I need a flash to fix this or possibly line levelers to get sound, or is it possibly just a matter of fine tuning the controls. Had everything pre-wired plug & play which made it easier to install. Amp was set to 4 channel. It was pre-set to my set up but did say it needed tuning. I'm sure/hopeful it's a simple fix, Any help and/or advice would be helpful!

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Very green newbie here, just installed the CV B54 amp and front Polk mm1 and rear Polk (5X7) speakers on my 15 RGS. Everything works, shows artist, volume level, but no sound at all. I know it's something on me, do I need a flash to fix this or possibly line levelers to get sound, or is it possibly just a matter of fine tuning the controls. Had everything pre-wired plug & play which made it easier to install. Amp was set to 4 channel. It was pre-set to my set up but did say it needed tuning. I'm sure/hopeful it's a simple fix, Any help and/or advice would be helpful!
Pictures would help. Is the amp powering up ? Are the speakers hooked up out of the amp ? Plug & play isn't always such as..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Best to get a flash and DONT TRY TO RUN IT AS IS.

2 amp ON - 8 speaker On flash

Then make sure your input selector on amp is set to 2 channel input first off. You only have front speakers enabled with factory config. And only output is for front 2 channels of deck.

Tuning:

Turn gains down to zero to start... HPF ON FOR ALL 4 CHANNELS with freqs set to around 50-60hz . Then turn volume up half way and slowly increase gain on front til you hear audio... then bring your deck to 4-5 bars from top and adjust your gains slowly until you hear distortion, then back it of bit.

If you dont have power to the amp.. ensure your switch wire is connected... unless its signal sensing capable... then make sure you have the amp dipswitch is in the correct location for signal sensing.

Btw... I have not dealt with that particular amp... so ... giving all options I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
You mentioned maybe needing line levelers. How are you getting the signal from the radio to the amp now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts