Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing a rear air ride system on my 2005 Roadie checked all clearances with bike completely laid out. Rode it that way for less than 5 miles. Everything seemed fine. 3-500 miles later all the sudden no rear tail light or front brake light when lever is pulled in. I still have rear brake light and hear the "click" when i push it down. Front brake lever gets pulled in and no click. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine also wiring under the fender seems intact. Any ideas on where to go next? It is a led light and I also tried with a stock light...same deal

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I just got done installing a rear air ride system on my 2005 Roadie checked all clearances with bike completely laid out. Rode it that way for less than 5 miles. Everything seemed fine. 3-500 miles later all the sudden no rear tail light or front brake light when lever is pulled in. I still have rear brake light and hear the "click" when i push it down. Front brake lever gets pulled in and no click. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine also wiring under the fender seems intact. Any ideas on where to go next? It is a led light and I also tried with a stock light...same deal
Front brake light?

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
The brake light malfunction may be in the brake relay which should be located in the fuse block and it may also be the problem with the running lights. If the brake relay is OK then check the brake light switch in the switch housing. I would think that brake switch is not working right because the brake light works when you use the back brake.
The running light problem may be a ground problem so check and clean all the ground connections you can find that is related to the lighting, if it is a bad ground it may correct the brake light problem too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts