Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2010 FLTRX. I put on a Ness Big Sucker, D&D fatcat 2:1 exhaust and a PCV with a canned map.

I then installed a Woods TW6-6 cam and swapped the PCV for a Direct Link tuner and Dyno. I then noticed a clacking sound coming from my air cleaner.
I only hear this noise below 2500 rpm or at idle. Above 2500 rpm the noise goes away. I read the noise is caused by the exhaust valve not fully closing before the power stroke begins. ?????
The bike runs great and has 88.5 hp and 98.9 tq. Pretty good #'s I think.

What are your thoughts concerning the noise? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
a stage 1 style air cleaner does not muffle much from the motor so it is common to hear mechanical noise thru it. If you want to try a little test for comparo put your stock air cleaner back on and run it for a minute and see if you can still hear the noise.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Those woods cams have a pretty aggressive ramp profile you might be hearing a little valve clatter. Or the valve timing could be off a little. You might check your lobe centers on both cams to see where your at.

·
Registered
85 Posts
a stage 1 style air cleaner does not muffle much from the motor so it is common to hear mechanical noise thru it. If you want to try a little test for comparo put your stock air cleaner back on and run it for a minute and see if you can still hear the noise.
I agree. I put on the stage 1 A/C and download with no other mods and there are way more sounds coming from the A/C compared to stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts