Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noise when you push the forks up and down, sounds like a spring squeaking. Seems like they compress more then they used to. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hum!? Unless the springs are worn (09 ??) compression should be the same. Bad thing is that to check anything ya gots to drop the top to get to the fork bolts. Any oil leaks? Time to upgrade to Progressive Mono Tubes. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well here is some history on this. I had a this same noise at 10000 miles, so dealer put heaver fork oil in. Still had noise just harder to make happen. So they resealed the forks, same noise, so they called Harley, they said to replace top springs, well as I was waiting for ordered springs to come in I won a set of Patriot Suspension front spring. Dealer agreed to put them in under warranty. The noise went away and lift was good, 30000 miles and noise is back and when I lift bike off kick stand front end drops several inches. I just can't figure out what is happening.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Do you particularly seek out bumpy roads with multiple railroad crossings? :D

Springs should last more than 30k miles. Have you contacted Patriot to see what they say.

Does the spring sag happen after you stand and lift the kickstand and then sit back down on the bike? Do you weigh more than 200 lbs? If you do then sag happens when you load the springs up with your body weight. I don't know what would make them squeak - they're sitting in oil! :confused:

Still under warranty? Take it to the dealer. Not under warranty - research InterNet. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I shot myself in the foot on this one. Patriot has denied my warranty claim because it had a history of fork problems before I put their springs in, none of the service personal are left at the dealer when I made the deal to have the springs put in so now they say I,m on my own because I don't have factory springs. And yes I weigh more then 200 pounds & my wife weighs 195, but my '07 ultra never had these problems.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't know but perhaps the Ultra had /has different springs since the fairings are mounted different than our sharks maybe they are stiffer to support the extra weight of the fairing , just an idea not sure why you would be having problems with 2 different sets of springs maybe someone else will have more input for you .

Eagle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts