Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 18 Road Glide Ultra and after putting the first 400 miles on it I have realized this is the most uncomfortable bike I have ever had. I've already replaced the seat with a Mustang that I already had but the stock bars are killing me. They are taller than what I like, pull back too much, and the ends angle back toward you way too much. I'm 6'4" with long arms and legs. I want to try to straighten my arms out some so I don't feel so scrunched up. I prefer a straighter type bar like an mx style or drag bar style but I don't want a t-bar that will block my view of the gauges. Any suggestions or names of bars I can look up will be appreciated. Most of the threads in here seem to be about different models of apes. Although I think they look cool they're not for me, I don't like the feel. Not insulting anyone, just mentioning this so I don't get suggestions for apes.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I may try that.
Anyone have any experience with Chizled Low bars or Trask V-Line or Road 6 Customs Holey Rollers? They seem to have the same or less rise as stock and less pullback as well. What I can't figure out is the angle of the ends. Anyone know which of these would be the straighter bar?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks I may try that.
Anyone have any experience with Chizled Low bars or Trask V-Line or Road 6 Customs Holey Rollers? They seem to have the same or less rise as stock and less pullback as well. What I can't figure out is the angle of the ends. Anyone know which of these would be the straighter bar?
I have the chizled lo bars on my 18 RGS with la pera bare bones. With the stock set up I felt like a big kid riding a little kids tricycle. Now I am in a much more aggressive riding position, the chizled lo bars feel like a broom stick bar and I have more weight over the front. Also installed the vtwin goodies 1" up and out for the floor boards which gives you more room. I like the set up now, and I can see and use all my gauges. I pushed my pin out and rolled my bars forward a bit for a more aggressive riding position. Rise is similar to stock but the pull back which I hated on the stock bars are gone. I have no experience with the trask or road 6 bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts