Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the "Non HD" latch and hinges that you might find on ebay? I currently have the chrome HD version that came with the tour-pak but I want to black them out. I was wondering about the quality and fitment as they are $50-70 compared to the HD version for $200.
I would have preferred to get mine PC'd but I don't see a way to get them apart.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Only Issue was the Installer

I have never been involved in the detachable world. All my previous touring bikes have all been Ultra's. In 2012, I sold my '11 RGU and got a Boss Hoss with a fairing and detachable Tour Pack as my Highway Cruiser. A few weeks ago, I sold two other bikes and picked up this '16 RGS. Did not want a tour pack but a place to rest whatever I may need to transport without it hitting the fender.

Chrome Backrest Sissy Bar+4 Point Docking Kit W/ Rack For Harley Touring 14-UP | eBay <-- is my actual Auction Purchase for my RGS. Once I got it, unwrapped it I Installed the Detachable hardware ... Well, I TRIED Installing it anyway. They sent the wrong bolts. Lucky for me, the Stealership never installed the blank fill ins so I went and just got the bolts from them... 5/16-18 x 1 if you are curious. Took that info and bought some Chrome ones from Ace. Bolted right on and fit great. Had a really bad fitment issue with the backrest / luggage rack until I begrudgingly sent pics to the seller who informed me I was trying to install it wrong. Had NO CLUE the Front mounting points were on the Shocks. Now I do. The spacing was correct now, so I went to push down on the rear and the cam locks were a PITA to get engaged and locked in. I used a small rivet hammer and tapped it on fully. Then I read somewhere else on this forum that they aren't round ... DUH! Once that was adjusted, it goes on and off smooth as silk and looks great. Saved well over $300 by buying it from the Stealership. If it weren't for forums like this, I wouldn't get anything done myself LoL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts