Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my new 2015 FLTRXS on Thursday, a major upgrade from my bar hopping FXDB I have been riding for 5 years. Getting a stage 1, some trim and handle bars (once I figure out which ones I want) done at the beginning.
I joined up here last week and have been reading nonstop about all things RG. I know I would like to upgrade the fairing speakers to something better because the quality is poor, but I am unsure which way to go with everything since I am not an audiophile and I am hoping for some helpful advice.

Here is what I know. I have about $200-$300 to spend, looking to just upgrade the fairing speakers at this point and then look to add an amp next year sometime. I am not a complete newbie when it comes to wiring, but I am also no expert, so something that is an easy replacement in the garage would be nice. Would like it to be quality, weatherproof (or whatever it needs to be so it isn't ruined by water) and would like to be able to hear it at speed.

Let me know your thoughts and advice. Model numbers and links would be helpful so I don't F things up.

Really loving all the positive advice and information I am finding here compared to HDForums.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Is it just me, or is this closer to $400 w/o the speaker adapters yet?

Without going used... I'm having a hard time coming up with a sub $300 setup.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is it just me, or is this closer to $400 w/o the speaker adapters yet?

Without going used... I'm having a hard time coming up with a sub $300 setup.
$98 for the amp $139 for the speakers that equals 237.00... and would sound way better than stock..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't have to have an amp at this point. I would be more than fine with a quality set of good sounding speakers and adding an amp down the road. I have no intentions of adding saddlebag speakers anytime soon, just working with the fairing stuff.
I know I can get the HD Boom! Stage 1 but the opinions on them vary greatly from what I have read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts