Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob to stereo upgrades, not the bike. I bought a pair of J&M speaker grills to replace the beat stock grills. They have two speakers built in. Can I piggyback them from the connectors on the speakers with 2 into 1 spade connectors, or will I harm the amp running them like that. I have a little 4 ohm amp-just to get it over my exhaust. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
unless the little crossover on the jm speaker grill is there on the speaker wire it should work if not there needs to be a crossover for the grill speakers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Noob to stereo upgrades, not the bike. I bought a pair of J&M speaker grills to replace the beat stock grills. They have two speakers built in. Can I piggyback them from the connectors on the speakers with 2 into 1 spade connectors, or will I harm the amp running them like that. I have a little 4 ohm amp-just to get it over my exhaust. Thanks
Those grill tweeters need crossovers. I bought some crossovers this weekend specifically for those grill speakers (I am upgrading from the rokker 7.25 but the tweeters are top notch). I ran them off the speaker wire that comes out of the amp and into the speaker and the grill speakers distorted terribly at the same sound level without the crossovers. Put the crossovers on...they calmed down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. I was thinking about crossovers, but wasn't sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts