Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Medic Tim and I are setting up an impromptu North Carolina meet n greet June 3rd, 4th and 5th at the Two Wheel Inn in Robinsville N.C.. I know announcing something 5 months out is hardly impromptu but considering the time of year and how fast things book up it kinda is.

The Two Wheel Inn is a motorcycle only Inn and each room has your own private garage for your bike. TWI is located three miles south of Robbinsville on US129. Just 20 miles to the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, 15 miles to the mile high Cherahola Skyway, 10 miles to the Nantahala Gorge and the twisties of Wayah Rd, 11 miles to the Moonshiner 28 and 35 miles to Cherokee and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Due to the time of year and availability we could only block off 10 rooms and only for 1 week from today. Rooms are $79 dollars for either king or two twins. Call Linda at 828-479-4248 from 7am to 10pm EST and tell her you're with the Roadglide Group

If we book all the rooms there is other availability in the area but its kind of pricey like the Microtel in Robinsville for around $150+

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hope you guys don't mind me going, but I made my reservations from 6-2 thru 6-5. I've been in that area a few times and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ride that area again with some folks that I met at swiii.

Be glad to have you. I also set up an event on Facebook. Not sure if we're friends in there or not. If so let me know your name their and I'll send you an invite.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Got my room, going to drag a buddy of mine there on his old Dyna.....

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got Wanda and I a room for 3rd and 4th. Are y'all staying the nite of the 5th or checking out on the 5th?

Yeah I'm thinking about taking the week off. Check out the 5th and riding up to the north end of the Blue Ridge Parkway and meander around a bit. I won't have to be back home till around the 14th so no telling where I may end up. :wink:

Course if y'all wanna hang around there for a few more days I could do that too!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like the plan and will be there as it stands right now. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
any idea if there is camping near the place y'all will be at ?? i know the roads get tight and i have a 44' 5th TH. my brother just dropped his 40'er off the edge of the pavement and damaged the back door of his, ( in Pigeon Forge, TN). looks like 165 miles from me. I've ben out to the dragon, 10+ years ago on sport bikes. I CANT WAIT< IM IN !!

2015 road glide, got the front end ripped off yesterday...5,000 miles, and getting some play in the neck bearings. ( man there is NO grease on these things from factory).. figured as long as it was torn down i may as well put it back together right. progressive springs 1'' drop. larger bump stops. 23 wheel. yaffe fender. ness lower fork legs. ness upper fork sliders (the boot style). and a set of cyclesmith floor boards....

anyone doing daytona bike week ?

THANKS GUYS. - new here,,, tom, lenoir, NC

·
Registered
475 Posts
We might come over and meet up with everyone as we are only 55 miles from there.
There are quite a few campgrounds around that area cause of the river. You should be able to find one to accomadate a 44'

·
Registered
312 Posts
Tom,

Checkout the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge they have a limited number of RV spots. This is a motorcycle specific campground with a cool vibe.

http://ironhorsenc.com/

Also checkout the Stecoah Valley RV park.

http://stecoahvalleyrv.com/map-directions/

Both are right off of Hwy 28 which is wide open and 4 lanes that change to 2 lanes about 1 miles from the valley. These camp grounds are within 2 miles of each other and about 15 miles from Robinsville.

Hope this helps. Look forward to meeting you.

Tim.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I need to check my vacation time but would love to go. I stayed at the Dragonpittinn&bbq.com last year and it was a awesome spot. It also is on 129...check it out if all the rooms book b4 the dates. I only stayed 2 days and want to spend more time this yr. Good time!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like the plan and will be there as it stands right now. Looking forward to it.
Sounds great to me. I extended an invitation to a friend who has never been in the area. There is great riding around there. Hotel has been booked.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The Two Wheel Inn is a good spot, great to have a garage for the bike and a campfire.
Just remember Robbinsville is in a dry county. You'll have to make a run down to Topton for beer or Bryson City for whiskey.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts