Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going in September. I have 2 destinations for the trip out. Antique Archeology. With any luck Danielle will be there. Then KlockWerks. Going to use the 80/90 route to get the and have more time exploring the black hills. Needles Hwy, Spearfish canyon, Mt Rushmore, Devils tower. Any other ideas? Must sees?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm going in September. I have 2 destinations for the trip out. Antique Archeology. With any luck Danielle will be there. Then KlockWerks. Going to use the 80/90 route to get the and have more time exploring the black hills. Needles Hwy, Spearfish canyon, Mt Rushmore, Devils tower. Any other ideas? Must sees?
how long will you be there?
do you know where you'll be staying?
there's so much great riding out there.

i still remember the fields of sunflowers smiling at me.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You might enjoy the National motorcycle museum in Anamosa, IA. Not far from Antique Archeology.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how long will you be there?
do you know where you'll be staying?
there's so much great riding out there.

i still remember the fields of sunflowers smiling at me.
9 days. Leave out August 31st.
We will be tent camping. So anywhere. But mostly KOA campgrounds.

You might enjoy the National motorcycle museum in Anamosa, IA. Not far from Antique Archeology.
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
While in sturgis don’t forget to ride through the badlands it was beautiful it was one of my highlights of the trip out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
During the rally I have camped up at spearfish city park. It is nice there at night as it always cools down. One thing to check out when in the Black hills is the homestake gold mine in lead. They have a nice visitors center. For the trip in or out if going through the quad cities stop at the johne Deere pavilion or if you have time go for a factory tour of the combine factory or any of them for that fact. I will try to think of other ideas along the way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts

Make sure you do the Iron Mountain Highway out of Keystone 16A I think. Pig tail bridges, a couple of carved out narrow passes through the hillsides, nice tight turns. One of the pull offs you'll see the dead presidents. Not as busy as Needles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Make sure you do the Iron Mountain Highway out of Keystone 16A I think. Pig tail bridges, a couple of carved out narrow passes through the hillsides, nice tight turns. One of the pull offs you'll see the dead presidents. Not as busy as Needles.

An make sure you hit the Gold Pan Saloon in Custer. We always stay in Custer at the Chief Motel an spend our nights in the Gold Pan!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Vanocker canyon
385 from lead to hill city
Ride thru downtown out to 79, ride past the new FTS up to Belle Fourche, take 24 out to Hulett, then Devils tower.
Nemo road
Custer National Park
Bear Country USA

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'm going in September. I have 2 destinations for the trip out. Antique Archeology. With any luck Danielle will be there. Then KlockWerks. Going to use the 80/90 route to get the and have more time exploring the black hills. Needles Hwy, Spearfish canyon, Mt Rushmore, Devils tower. Any other ideas? Must seexs?
Good luck on her or the guys being there. I’ve been to the Iowa store a couple of times, only the blond has been there each time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts