Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....I looked through this forum, and I didn't see anything recent for Florida, or north Florida, except bike week, but I was without a bike during Bike Week this year.

I live in Jacksonville, but in Daytona a lot, and of course all over Florida. Would love to get discussion started on meeting a few people here locally. I've ridden with all types of people and groups, and for the past couple of years have been riding with a few friends, but the group has slowly dwindled down to about 3 of us that ride regularly. So I'm looking to add to the Rolodex, and find some people who ride during the week too. I haven't been to a bike night here in Jax in quite a while, and I think we have one every night of the week. I seem to have the time to make bike nights now, and have a few drinks, but the group I hang out with all work odd hours during the week.

Anyway, just looking to start the discussion. :)

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I always like riding during the week & also live on the westside of Jacksonville. Heading to Minnesota on Monday. But will be back on the 12th.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm just outside Orlando and although its rare for me to be able to ride during the week I get a few weekends I hit the road for some riding would be glad to meet up with ya'll and log some miles.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Westside of Jax, near Orange Park. Would be glad go go on a ride if I'm open on the day. I have plenty of vacation days on the books, so during the week is ok too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm on the west side too, off 103rd. Why don't a few of us plan on meeting up next week and then riding over to Buffalos? Shark night at buffalos?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You Jax guys might want check this place out. http://tonupjax.com/

I'm wanting to stop by there one day to take a look at some vanson leathers.

Give us a report on the place.
Oh damn, I work right by there, about 3 blocks away. I'll have to go over there and check it out. Looking at the website, it looks like Cafe Racer style place.

I'd be all for having a membership at a shop where I can work on my bike, but the problem for me would be getting the parts there and my bike. I don't have a trailer yet.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I'll be in Minnesota this week but will be back next Monday, can make Buffalos on Wednesday the 13th. Renting a batwing up in Minnesota as they had no Roadglides available. I know it won't be the same..

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm at south side Jacksonville. Closer to the beach.
Would be fun meeting you guys and having a Jax shark gathering. Although next week might not be the best...wife and I are expecting twins any day now...

Keep me in the loop.:cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm at south side Jacksonville. Closer to the beach.
Would be fun meeting you guys and having a Jax shark gathering. Although next week might not be the best...wife and I are expecting twins any day now...

Keep me in the loop.:cool:
Well early congrats on that!

I see no reason I can't go to bike night more than once, so whoever can't go this week, next week I'd likely be up for going too. I'd like to make bike night at least once a week a regular thing for me. I'm also up for going to one of the other places too. Whiskey River is on Mondays I believe, and I know there is a Thursday bike night somewhere, but I don't remember where.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just outside Orlando and although its rare for me to be able to ride during the week I get a few weekends I hit the road for some riding would be glad to meet up with ya'll and log some miles.
I'm over by Orlando but would be up for a weekend ride/get together. Jax ain't far at all on a RG.
For those in Florida, but not in Jax, I think we should schedule a meet up sometime soon a little more south. Gainesville maybe? Or maybe meet in the middle and make the ride out to Cedar Key, I haven't been out there in a while.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Well either or I will try I live near Gulf Breeze.... so it does not matter to me where... right now I am in ATL waiting for the crack of dawn (not Dawn's crack) so I can board a plane to europe to take care of some things in Germany.... I should be back in 2-3 weeks.... I will try to keep an eye out for this, since I will have some time on my hands until then....

:)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little update for me.... I took the bike out last night and my transmission sounds like it's falling apart. Called the dealership and I'm going by there Thursday morning. I still plan to meet whoever wants to go to Bike Night at Buffalo's tomorrow night.

We can meet there, or we can meet somewhere else and drive over. I was thinking meet at the dog track on 17 just south of 295, and then drive over. I'll be in my truck, and I'll have to park in the shameful car parking lot, but I'll still be there.

Anyone want to meet up and ride over?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Noticed no one has posted for awhile, i'm near ft walton beach, anyone want to meet up and ride? I'm currently unemployed (medical reasons, chemo) so anytime would be good, Doc says I should get outta the house more often and i've ben feeling better lately.

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Noticed no one has posted for awhile, i'm near ft walton beach, anyone want to meet up and ride? I'm currently unemployed (medical reasons, chemo) so anytime would be good, Doc says I should get outta the house more often and i've ben feeling better lately.
As you can see, I tried to get something going, even a simple bike night meet and greet, but I didn't get a lot of feed back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts