Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, JohnZ here from Rosemont, Illinois (a suburban town just outa Chicago close to O'hare airport). Just wondering if anyone in the area would possibly wanna do a meet n greet with all the shark riders in the vicinity??? I'll let this thread ride fer a bit and see if I get any bites of interest!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hello John, sounds like a great idea!

Only problem I have is my RG is currently in northern Wisconsin until late June.

I'd like to get together with some forum members after I ride my bike back south, but won't be until July or later in the summer.

On another note, are you planning on going to SWII? I'm heading across the state and hope to ride with some other SharkNoses.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greybread, how are ya! Thanks fer yer response, I guess there's only 2 shark riders (You and I) in the northern Illinois area huh? I gotta check out my work schedule and see if I can make the Iowa shark II deal. Otherwise, if ya decide to pick yer bike up from up north and take her down here, definately look me up so we can do alittle cruisin...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Count me in...

I saw two other RG's yesterday on Lake Cook not 5 min apart and two more this morning on way to work... there were 3 black RG's parked at The Glen last weekend also... seems planty around.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I know there's more of us northern Ill riders on this site, but they may not be too active or have seen you posting.

I know SGT_Rob(won the recent RG of the month thingy) lives in Chicago, but he is currently on a cycle trip out west.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd be interested in that. Sounds like a good time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Ok guys, I spend some time in northern Wisconsin as mentioned before, and occasionally get razzed for being a "FIB" or "flatlander" from Illinois...its normally all in jest. Once I took 2 much younger co-workers up to my cabin for a snowmobiling weekend, and of course we visited numerous local watering holes.

Once when the cheeseheads were razzing us good, one workmate spouts out the below saying (he learned while at SIU). I almost fell off my seat LMAO as those northwood bar patrons clapped and laughed. Many said they had never met such a ballsy guy from from Illinois...we even got a round of beers bought for us...just for his saying.

So maybe us Illinoisan RGers can use this saying when we get together:

We’z the boys from IllinoiZ
We come from hills and ditches
We drag our d!cks cross jagged rocks
We’re mean son-za-bitches

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in Northwest Indiana. I'd be up for a meet and greet.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm in Northwest Indiana. I'd be up for a meet and greet.
Sounds great to me as your part of the "greater Chicagoland metroplex". I grew up in Lansing, IL and worked in Hammond for many years.

Now I just have to get my RG back south...its killin' me! :confused:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, if you build it, they will come! Very nice to start to see our upper Illinois sharkers come outa the murkie waters and post up to check in. Still keepin an eye on this thread for more fellow sharkers to check in. Then we'll all put our heads together and come up with a central location, date & time for ALL of us to gather for our meet-n-greet. Definately lookin forward to it!!! :cool:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey guys, count me in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
We’z the boys from IllinoiZ
We come from hills and ditches
We drag our d!cks cross jagged rocks
We’re mean son-za-bitches
classic...

I head out Route 66 to Cali Friday back July 5th but am interested to meet up sometime... For a weekend ride to LaCrosse or maybe a Thursday trip up to the HD museum when the weekly open house and bbq starts back up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
classic...

I head out Route 66 to Cali Friday back July 5th but am interested to meet up sometime... For a weekend ride to LaCrosse or maybe a Thursday trip up to the HD museum when the weekly open house and bbq starts back up.
Damn bro, Route 66 to Cali huh? ...that's awesome! I wish I had the time to take off so I could take a cruise out west like you. Take some cool pics of your trip and post em up! Ride safe bro, see ya when ya get back! :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just picked up my 2011 RG Saturday' wife and I put about 250 miles on it, did starve rock area and some river runs. I'm central part of state (Peoria) but I'd meet up north for some riding.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Are any of you planning on attending the SWII rally on Ill/Iowa state line? If you haven't checked it out yet, read the sub-section here called something like National RG Rally.

I've seen rumors that next year's Rally will be held way out west, so I'm going to make it this year for sure.

Currently my plans are to ride down on Monday late afternoon/early evening and leave on Friday Morning. I'm staying at the Super8 which is attached to the Comfort Inn, which is the Rally headquarters.

Sure would enjoy some sharknose-riding brethren on the trip down and/or back. I'm mostly a 5 to 10MPH over-speed limit rider so I get somewhere but can still enjoy the scenery along the way. Plus I'm 56 and I know my bones won't heal quickly from a 90MPH get-off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Noob here checking in. I just bought a 2008 Roadie on Wednesday night and wouldn't mind meeting some people and checking out their setups for ideas. I'm in Ingleside IL (near Fox Lake) up near the border.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are any of you planning on attending the SWII rally on Ill/Iowa state line? If you haven't checked it out yet, read the sub-section here called something like National RG Rally.

I've seen rumors that next year's Rally will be held way out west, so I'm going to make it this year for sure.

Currently my plans are to ride down on Monday late afternoon/early evening and leave on Friday Morning. I'm staying at the Super8 which is attached to the Comfort Inn, which is the Rally headquarters.

Sure would enjoy some sharknose-riding brethren on the trip down and/or back. I'm mostly a 5 to 10MPH over-speed limit rider so I get somewhere but can still enjoy the scenery along the way. Plus I'm 56 and I know my bones won't heal quickly from a 90MPH get-off.
There are 2 of us leaving out of Naperville on Monday for SWII. We were thinking sometime around noon so we could take backroads out there and screw around on the way. We'd be heading back on Friday, you can ride with us if we can work it out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts