Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was out there this past summer again, great riding. Had a blast in Cody over the Fourth of July, just a gorgeous part of this country we live in

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was out there this past summer again, great riding. Had a blast in Cody over the Fourth of July, just a gorgeous part of this country we live in
We were there at the same time. We rode Yellowstone late on the 3rd and all day on the 4th. Came out of the park on the east side and spent the night in Cody at the Holiday Inn. Had dinner at the Irma, then got up early on the 5th to ride CJH and Beartooth.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We were there at the same time. We rode Yellowstone late on the 3rd and all day on the 4th. Came out of the park on the east side and spent the night in Cody at the Holiday Inn. Had dinner at the Irma, then got up early on the 5th to ride CJH and Beartooth.
Too damn funny, we arrived on the fourth after 4 nights in Deadwood, we were at the Holiday Inn in Cody from the 4th-6th. We ate at Pat O'Hara's Brewery but sat outside at Irma's for a few and took in the sights. Did you see the '57 Chevy in front of Irma's? That was a beautiful ride!

·
Registered
255 Posts
We stayed in the log cabins behind the Holiday Inn last year. They are owned by the Holiday inn. Real nice cabins. The cabins were one of the first hotels in Cody.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The bar in the Irma was given to Buffalo Bill by the queen of England. Valued at over a million dollars today. I asked if there were any gun shot holes in ceiling, said there is but they had to patch them because of the board of health. dust or dirt falling down on the food they said. Really cool town.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just went back and looked through my pics to see if I had a shot of the '57. Don't remember it - and i love classic cars. i was so tired I'm not sure I was seeing straight. Great little town, and great rides. Would love to get back up there, but that's a long way from home.

About those cabins... I didn't notice them, but a guy came riding from somewhere in the back when I was using the wash station behind the hotel (somebody told me there were two wash stations) to get some bugs off. He was riding a really strange yellow thing. Kind of like a trike, but rider and passenger sat side by side. Had a steering wheel and a Ford drivetrain. I bet he was staying in the cabins.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Great Video. I need to make it up there and ride that pass.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just went back and looked through my pics to see if I had a shot of the '57. Don't remember it - and i love classic cars. i was so tired I'm not sure I was seeing straight. Great little town, and great rides. Would love to get back up there, but that's a long way from home.

About those cabins... I didn't notice them, but a guy came riding from somewhere in the back when I was using the wash station behind the hotel (somebody told me there were two wash stations) to get some bugs off. He was riding a really strange yellow thing. Kind of like a trike, but rider and passenger sat side by side. Had a steering wheel and a Ford drivetrain. I bet he was staying in the cabins.
Did it look something like this?

2015 Polaris Slingshot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts