Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did my first ride today about 2 hrs each way... hate to say it but it hurt my left wrist... not unbearable... just annoyingly. The pinch between my shoulderblades is gone though...as is the right wrist pain from the stockers...

hoping I will get used to the angle... otherwise.... the nightmare of changing out the bars will happen again!

Anyone have the same issue with them?

Dennis

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hang in there , bud. I went from stock bars, to Heritage bars, then the Outlawz.
I wasn't real fond of the wrist angle at first either. Less than a month, I was real happy with my choice. Just give them a chance. I really like mine now, they are very comfortable for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there , bud. I went from stock bars, to Heritage bars, then the Outlawz.
I wasn't real fond of the wrist angle at first either. Less than a month, I was real happy with my choice. Just give them a chance. I really like mine now, they are very comfortable for me.
Happy to get that response.... I love the way they look.... im sure it's just gonna get some getting used to.... THANKS!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't gotten them on the RG yet, but I do have them on my Crossbones. I didn't like the angle at first either, but got used to it quickly. Did a 3200 mile round trip with them, no issues

·
Registered
248 Posts
You did not indicate what year your bike is.?????
I sufferd though 44,000 miles on my 09, & finally went with bars that came standard on the 11, much happier now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after a week of riding I can honestly say I love these bars!!!! Just took a little getting used to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put these on a couple of weeks ago, love em. I got tired of the feeling of pushing a wheel barrow down the road with the stock bars. Outlaws are much nicer and very comfortable for me. I'm 6'4" with 38 inch arms for reference. I have them pushed as far back as I can without touching WS at full turn.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Been reading the forum here about bars for some time and finally decided on the Wild 1s Outlaws 12". Placed an order.

Just got my 12" outlawz in the mail today. I am not too thrilled with the wrist angle (as several of you have stated). I ordered them thinking these would have less of a wrist angle compared to the stock bars. Just eyeballing them setting them on the bike next to stock bars it seems these have a slightly sharper wrist angle than even stock. I was hoping to go the other way with the wrist angle.

I am not sure what to do now. Dont want to have to redo the bars later on, want to get it right the first time! Anyway, I was thinking about having a local shop undo the 90 degree welds at the bottom of the bar and reweld them with a lesser wrist angle (hope that makes sense).

Question is do you think that doing this will hurt the integrity and strength of the bar? Just curious.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts