Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer show is coming in a couple of weeks and I was browsing the "must have" list to get a head start on my order. For the most part it's just more aftermarket products put into an H-D box. You guys will see more Kuryakyn products put into H-D boxes such as curved license plate mounts and mid frame air deflector chrome trim.

They really don't have any impressive accessories this go around but the winter show isn't normally known for anything that good.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Edge Cut levers

They finally released the edge cut levers for the touring bikes via my parts buddy hes got me on the list already I guess

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
HD new Products

I have not really been that impressed with the new stuff for a couple or so years.

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you seen the new stuff coming out?
The parts manager at my dealer said there were some cool grips coming out.
Just curious at this point.
Yea I got my list, I'm the parts manager at the dealer here.

I haven't made a judgment on the grips just because the pics they sent out to us were tiny and had no real information except the fact they are called get-a-grip I believe.

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not really been that impressed with the new stuff for a couple or so years.
They come out with a few nice things at every show but I would like to see them try to be a little more unique and stop re-branding/packaging aftermarket companies products.

The new hidden antenna is nice but it's 49.95, identical to the hogtenna that is 39.95, which is all identical to Autozone's antenna for 18$. Only plus side is that I can get it covered under factory warranty for folks now.

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I will add that what they have already released to us is a "must have" list and not a complete listing of new products. We'll have to see what the show has in store for us.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Well if they are made in China, I ain't buying them! I really got pissed off when I took my stock speakers out and they said made in China. I got nothing against Chinese, but MOCO needs to wise up. I won't rant here--in fact. I'll start a new thread. :)
+1. Wiil try and find hour rant thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Factory Rep came by the shop today. Got to lay hands on the new grips. Very comfy and very similar to ones carried by PM. They are offered in black (for Chainsaw, LOL!) and in Chrome.

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Factory Rep came by the shop today. Got to lay hands on the new grips. Very comfy and very similar to ones carried by PM. They are offered in black (for Chainsaw, LOL!) and in Chrome.
Our DM never comes around.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I was suprised to see him too. Just lucky timing I guess. I saw the curved license plate, looks like the Kuryakyn one, but if I looked at the list right, its offered in black as well. I am kinda excited about the K&N filters for the SE 'cleaners like the Ventilator. Talked the service manager into doing a real world Dyno test on them

·
HD Parts Expert
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was suprised to see him too. Just lucky timing I guess. I saw the curved license plate, looks like the Kuryakyn one, but if I looked at the list right, its offered in black as well. I am kinda excited about the K&N filters for the SE 'cleaners like the Ventilator. Talked the service manager into doing a real world Dyno test on them
Yea I already got my name on one of the black frames on my show order:cool:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I wonder if all these kuryakyn-like parts are for the whole factory customization thing. The reps must be making the rounds hard, because my dealer had to totally redo their showroom. I guess they got a slap on the wrist for having the kuryakyn and other aftermarket parts on the same wall as H-D parts.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Chain, you may be right. The sad thing is, it has taken the MOCO this long to come out with parts that the aftermarket have had for a long time. It does seem that they are embracing black being the new chrome a little faster than the aftermarket though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am not real happy about the "Boom" helmet mount intercom system. First one from China harley was defective and replaced under warranty. An additional one for a passenger (what good is an intercom for one person) lists for $195.00. You know it works OK, but for that kind of scratch, it should be blue tooth and wireless. Oh yea, and made in the USA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts