Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was at a bar where the had a dyno there they put my bike on and it made
109.9 HP and 115.37 Torque I was hopping for a little more because the afr in the front cyclinder is very high I was told my controller was bad the heat that day at time of dyno was 109.84F 7% humidity tried to load dyno sheet but failed many times

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Same exact build as mine produced 121.16 hp and 124.57 tq I would have thought I would be around 118hp and 120 tq but as i said my front cylinder afr was about 19 instead of 13.3 like I programed and I am sure the heat did not help

·
Registered
830 Posts
If it was hot and you know your AFR was off then why are you unhappy? On cooler day with the proper AFR don't you expect to do noticeably better?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I can't say I didn't see this one coming. Get that tmax tuned or find a real tuner.

Regardless on how thundermax promotes their tuner it needs to be tuned to get the most power out of it. Ignition Timing is everything.

Tmax isn't a plug and play unit. Just a bunch of BS

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The 1st thing you'll learn about dynos is that the last liar always wins.

The 2nd thing you'll learn is that they're ALL different.

The 3rd thing you'll learn is that every engine is different, and every tune is different, every set of pipes is different. Getting the same numbers as your buddy even from the same tuner is a crap shoot, and if it the 2 engines were built by different builders it's even more difficult.

You're numbers are basically less than 10% lower than what you expected, the temperature alone could easily account for that much.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The 1st thing you'll learn about dynos is that the last liar always wins.

The 2nd thing you'll learn is that they're ALL different.

The 3rd thing you'll learn is that every engine is different, and every tune is different, every set of pipes is different. Getting the same numbers as your buddy even from the same tuner is a crap shoot, and if it the 2 engines were built by different builders it's even more difficult.

You're numbers are basically less than 10% than what your expected, the temperature alone could easily
account for that much.

All very true BUT the AFR's are way off. Wait a second the all mighty tmax will fix that,it's a autotuner.... LOL

·
Administrator
10,483 Posts
Getting 1 HP per CI is pretty good with a Harley ..

Never understood the fanaticism over Dyno sheets .

I don't care if it delivers 110 HP/TQ at 5000 rpm .. My motor don't live at 5000 rpm ..

To each his own , I gave up chasing HP/TQ numbers long before every dealer had a Dyno ..

JtB

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Getting 1 HP per CI is pretty good with a Harley ..

Never understood the fanaticism over Dyno sheets .

I don't care if it delivers 110 HP/TQ at 5000 rpm .. My motor don't live at 5000 rpm ..

To each his own , I gave up chasing HP/TQ numbers long before every dealer had a Dyno ..

JtB

Feels good passing a truck, but I'm with you JTB.

Harleys are SLOW period! You have to pour THOUSANDS into a Harley to make it even fun(if fun is defined by speed).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
All very true BUT the AFR's are way off. Wait a second the all mighty tmax will fix that,it's a autotuner.... LOL

And then there's AFRs........

Again, all different, and for all the same reasons I listed above. Placement in the pipe is different for every pipe, as is the angle, even if they're in the same place.
Sticking a probe up the pipe is different than installing the sensor in the pipe.
Again, different engines will be different, ignition timing, carb'd or injected, piston and combustion chamber shape, fuel used.

etc, etc, etc, and there are VERY few absolutes.

Most of my experience with this stuff isn't even with Harley motors, but I can tell you the list of variables in this deal is even longer than what I dealt with.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Was at a bar where the had a dyno there they put my bike on and it made
109.9 HP and 115.37 Torque I was hopping for a little more because the afr in the front cyclinder is very high I was told my controller was bad the heat that day at time of dyno was 109.84F 7% humidity tried to load dyno sheet but failed many times
You have got to be kidding.......this again? You just spent a shitload of cash to rebuild your motor when you were given good advice and yet you still have the same issue of low numbers? Amazing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Why in the hell would you put your bike on a dyno when it's a 110 degrees outside? Quit chasing numbers and just ride that damn thing!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Here is one

Here is a 2012 With the a set similar set up as yours.
79CC S&S heads
106 S&S kit
58 MM tbw
S&S 640 cams
Rinehart Extreme duals
Thundermax Tuned 100% by Dragos.:wink:

We did not build motor. Just tuned the bike.

For some reason I am having a hard time down loading picture.
But it made 108/109HP and 118/120Tq

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a 2012 With the a set similar set up as yours.
79CC S&S heads
106 S&S kit
58 MM tbw
S&S 640 cams
Rinehart Extreme duals
Thundermax Tuned 100% by Dragos.:wink:

We did not build motor. Just tuned the bike.

For some reason I am having a hard time down loading picture.
But it made 108/109HP and 118/120Tq
Thank you for this info so I guess the bike is in the ball park I think pat
comments are derogatory and for the book here is my total cost to add over 50HP to my bike

DAYTONA HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP TC96 HARLEY TWIN CAM 2007-2013 $124.95

S&S 106 Inch Big Bore Kits for Twin Cam (07-UP) $664.95

S&S Cycle Premium High-Performance Tappet with HL2T Kit $230.82

S&S Cycle Rocker Box Gasket Kit for Harley 99-13 OE Twin Cam Rocker Boxes 46.00

OIL PUMP O RINMGS 7.00

SCREAMIN' EAGLE PR O HIGH FLO W 58MM EFI INDUCTION MODULE 355.00

Port Matched 58mm Throttle Body To 79CC heads FREE

S&S 585 Cams for Harley Davidson 2007-13 Twin Cam $274.01

S&S Cycle Super Stock 79cc Cylinder Head Kit - .640in. Lift Springs - Winkle Black 106-3233 $959.42

TOTAL 2698.15

·
Registered
830 Posts

Seriously, did you unexpectedly come home one day and find a TMax in your bed, fooling around with your wife? I mean you got a real hard on for them. It's not that they are not your cup of tea or that prefer a different tuner. You physically hate them with a deep and abiding passion.

So I gotta ask, why?

Mine works great, makes good power, gets great mileage, starts on the first or second rev every time and just plain makes my my bike run well.

If I need to worry about leaving it at home during the day with my wife I really wish you would tell me....

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If it were me I would I put her on dyno and have it tuned 100%

Thank you for this info so I guess the bike is in the ball park I think pat
comments are derogatory and for the book here is my total cost to add over 50HP to my bike

DAYTONA HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP TC96 HARLEY TWIN CAM 2007-2013 $124.95

S&S 106 Inch Big Bore Kits for Twin Cam (07-UP) $664.95

S&S Cycle Premium High-Performance Tappet with HL2T Kit $230.82

S&S Cycle Rocker Box Gasket Kit for Harley 99-13 OE Twin Cam Rocker Boxes 46.00

OIL PUMP O RINMGS 7.00

SCREAMIN' EAGLE PR O HIGH FLO W 58MM EFI INDUCTION MODULE 355.00

Port Matched 58mm Throttle Body To 79CC heads FREE

S&S 585 Cams for Harley Davidson 2007-13 Twin Cam $274.01

S&S Cycle Super Stock 79cc Cylinder Head Kit - .640in. Lift Springs - Winkle Black 106-3233 $959.42

TOTAL 2698.15

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Seriously, did you unexpectedly come home one day and find a TMax in your bed, fooling around with your wife? I mean you got a real hard on for them. It's not that they are not your cup of tea or that prefer a different tuner. You physically hate them with a deep and abiding passion.

So I gotta ask, why?

Mine works great, makes good power, gets great mileage, starts on the first or second rev every time and just plain makes my my bike run well.

If I need to worry about leaving it at home during the day with my wife I really wish you would tell me....[/QUOTEIt's cool you like them but I don't.

Simple.....

They don't work as advertised.

If you have to worry about your wife and electronics you have other problems.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts