Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Direct Harley Parts has a pretty good sale going on til the 11th....
Will the J&M Rokker fairing replacements provide a notable improvement from stock even if I don't add an amp?

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Almost anything is better than stock. The J&M would be better with an amp, but to simply answer the question, yes they are an improvement over stock. Check some of the audio threads to see what others have done.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If you do the ROKKERS, you need the amp, and you should also get the sound padding.

If you don't want to amplify, get the Performance series 7.25". But to be clear... these perform best NON-AMPED, so if you even think you might add an amp later, do the ROKKER setup.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...I kind of figured the answer. The Rokkers for the $250 sale price was enticing. It's just that $600-900 for a system is significant. I'd rather put the money towards an exhaust and tuner.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can't afford the amp either, so I went with the Hawg Wired 2 ohm 60 watt speakers and they rock! That left me money for Wild 1 Chubby 515's......

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
If you do the ROKKERS, you need the amp, and you should also get the sound padding.

If you don't want to amplify, get the Performance series 7.25". But to be clear... these perform best NON-AMPED, so if you even think you might add an amp later, do the ROKKER setup.

I did the performance series recently with no amp. I actually get recognizable sounds from the speakers above 1/2 volume, and all the way to max volume for that matter. Nice upgrade.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The new hogtunes set up with bigger amp sounds really nice. A friend put it in his bike and it sounds awesome. Probably the way I am leaning, and at $330 dollars for the amp and speakers its a good deal.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks guys...I kind of figured the answer. The Rokkers for the $250 sale price was enticing. It's just that $600-900 for a system is significant. I'd rather put the money towards an exhaust and tuner.
I'd definitely skip the tunes until you get the bike's performance where you want it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts