Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15 with extreme power duals Vance and Hines and rhinehearts 4" mufflers. I am not real happy with the sound. Was hoping for a little louder sound. Anyone have any idea what I could do. I know removing the baffles but I think that would sound to crappy. Was wondering if these mufflers had wraps on the baffles and how it would sound if I removed the wrap? Any idea ?

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
The mufflers should break in and get a little louder at least my V&H Monster rounds did but don't expect too much more sound. A quieter exhaust has its benefits when on long rides or when you like hearing the sound system. JMO

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If you either remove the cat in the head pipe or buy one already done or a after market pipe that will open up the sound some what plus you will gain the benefit of a little more power and a cooler engine.

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
If you either remove the cat in the head pipe or buy one already done or a after market pipe that will open up the sound some what plus you will gain the benefit of a little more power and a cooler engine.
+1 on going catless.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
The mufflers should break in and get a little louder at least my V&H Monster rounds did but don't expect too much more sound. A quieter exhaust has its benefits when on long rides or when you like hearing the sound system. JMO

x2^
but the smaller 3.5" rineharts are louder

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
356 Posts
He said he is running the V&H Power Duals, so he has no cat in the headpipe.

The 4" Rineharts do not come with any baffle wrap, so no material can be removed and they don't get louder with use because there is no material to burn in.

The Rinehart 4" mufflers come with the 2.25" baffle standard. If you want louder, Rinehart sells larger 2.5" baffles, but you will lose some low end torque with these larger baffles.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sounds like you need to get the 2.5" baffle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.