Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant make up my mind about replacing the head pipe on my 2017FLTRXS. Is it really worth the cost to go either Fullsac or some other after market pipe. Are the gains really worth the price?

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
and loss of warranty?

personally, i wouldn't do it. at least not until i know that my bike is not going to be experiencing the sumping and oil migration issues that a lot of folks are having.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Unless you just ride straight roads or stoplight to stoplight, put superior quality suspension on the bike first. You will be much faster in the curves because the tires will be better planted to the road.

Dyno numbers have no interest to me. I have owned 160 HP motorcycles that cost a fraction of the Road Glide.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cant make up my mind about replacing the head pipe on my 2017FLTRXS. Is it really worth the cost to go either Fullsac or some other after market pipe. Are the gains really worth the price?
gman

I am in the same boat and leaning towards American custom exhaust for the de-catted stock head pipes ($300). You can ship your stock head pipes back and get $75 back. Less heat, little more hp and torque and more better sound for $225 seems like a winner to me.

https://www.americancustom.com/products/product-spotlight-18/powerflex-header-for-all-2010-touring-bikes.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
and loss of warranty?

personally, i wouldn't do it. at least not until i know that my bike is not going to be experiencing the sumping and oil migration issues that a lot of folks are having.
skratch

I heard it's corrected on the 18's they added an additional oil pump or something like that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Unless you just ride straight roads or stoplight to stoplight, put superior quality suspension on the bike first. You will be much faster in the curves because the tires will be better planted to the road.

Dyno numbers have no interest to me. I have owned 160 HP motorcycles that cost a fraction of the Road Glide.
twowheeladdict

Agreed the suspension needs work i'm looking at super shox in the rear and progressive for the fronts. What are you running? Do you suggest a heavier oil for the front forks? Not sure if I going to go mono tubes up front, might just go with springs.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
skratch

I heard it's corrected on the 18's they added an additional oil pump or something like that
i'm still seeing posts from people who are on their multiple engine replacement on a 2018. some are even buying the feuling oil pump at their own expense to the tune of $1100 plus.

until this is a distant memory, i'd be wary. and i wouldn't kill the warranty, and i'd have the esp. but thats just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts