Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a late start on a ride and just pulled into a hotel. Turned bike off by turning the the knob to the left to lock front tire. Turned key wrong way (dark and tired) and the whole knob comes out in my hand and now I can't get it back on. I can get the knob to turn the bike back on and over to accessory but it won't unlock the forks. How do I fix this???:crying:

·
Registered
50 Posts
same here

happened to me frequently. just fiddle with different ways, it will finally go on. that fork lock is a Piece of Shi. I have security, and insurance, don't lock it anymore.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
happened to me frequently. just fiddle with different ways, it will finally go on. that fork lock is a Piece of Shi. I have security, and insurance, don't lock it anymore.
So when you say fiddle with it, the knob goes back on or the fork lock releases?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You need to 'line up' the inner 'lugs' with the 'outer' ones before the key will push right home. You can make a 'tool' out of a flattened piece of copper tubing [check you tube] or use a fairly broad flat tip screwdriver...hibby.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Hibby is right you have to line up the ignition and fork lock lugs to get the forks to unlock. I use a flat blade screwdriver.

Reactions: Signedbybd

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the replies. I did "fiddle" with it and the ignition button did finally snap in place. Once that was done the forks unlocked right away. What a frustrating experience....moving on! Thx again!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thank you all for the replies. I did "fiddle" with it and the ignition button did finally snap in place. Once that was done the forks unlocked right away. What a frustrating experience....moving on! Thx again!
My advice is to get a digital copy of the manual for your phone, laptop, tablet etc. For when you're on the road. But ssshhhhhh!!!!! Be quiet and DON'T let "HellInABucket" hear about it. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts