Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2015 RGS , I Installed Cyclerama 570-2 cams, S&S lifters and pushrods, and all I gained was 2HP and half a foot pound of torque. I attatched an older dyno and the new one. I have the SE Pro Race Tuner (orange).The older dyno is from when I installed D&D Fatcat 2-1 and the SE heavy breather elite, the second one is with the cams added. Its a 2015 103HO rushmore engine, it feels better, but dam I thought I would have higher numbers. Any thoughts on this are appreciated, is this normal numbers for whats installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
I have a 2015 RGS , I Installed Cyclerama 570-2 cams, S&S lifters and pushrods, and all I gained was 2HP and half a foot pound of torque. I attatched an older dyno and the new one. I have the SE Pro Race Tuner (orange).The older dyno is from when I installed D&D Fatcat 2-1 and the SE heavy breather elite, the second one is with the cams added. Its a 2015 103HO rushmore engine, it feels better, but dam I thought I would have higher numbers
What tuner are you using and who was the technician running the dyno ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the SE Pro Race Tuner (orange), it was done at a Harley Dealer, not sure who the guy was. They told me I essentially replaced the stock cam with a nearly identical aftermarket cam.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Not familiar with that Cyclerama brand , but yea I would be disappointed as well. I run either Feulings or Woods or even Andrews all with good results, something is not right here.:frown:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Those are pressure cams, for stock motors. So 100+ torque down low and done by 4500. You picked up a little torque down low, but the 103HO already came with a more of a torque cam than the earlier 103's. And those 570's tend to ping, so the tune could have some spark backed out, especially with a used motor that's going to have some carbon in the cylinders.

You can make 100HP easy, with just a different cam swap. But its going to cost you some of that low end grunt.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Shefffer Performance has a bunch of sheets listed on the tech forum with those cams. How many miles on the bike?
First, how does it run? thats the most important factor.
Second, if you don't like how its running take to a indy that has a good rep. They might not want to use your tuner though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Shefffer Performance has a bunch of sheets listed on the tech forum with those cams. How many miles on the bike?
First, how does it run? thats the most important factor.
Second, if you don't like how its running take to a indy that has a good rep. They might not want to use your tuner though.
Phillyfan I see you have the Cyclerama 575 as do I and that cam runs great, wish I could find where I put my Dyno Sheet I had it installed and tuned by Cyclerama, but I got plenty of bag for my buck. I worked at my local HD dealer and I wouldn't let them tune my bike you are correct about finding an indy.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I’d call Wes Brown at Cycle Rama and talk to him . Wes has built two motors for me. He is super friendly and knowledgeable without an attitude like most engine builders. He can give you ideas based on your setup.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Here is one that was posted on this site. Look at how flat the lines are. QUALITY tune.

https://www.roadglide.org/26-engine-related/346529-yet-another-cam-question-2.html
If you are referring to post #11 by George W.

Not saying this isn't a quality tune but you have to pay attention to these dyno sheets and how they are scaled when they are printed out if you are just going by the shape of the curves. This on is compressed top to bottom and stretched out left to right so it's not near as flat as you think it is. Some tuners do this intentionally to give that illusion.

Still pretty good peak numbers but may not be the best exhaust for that cam down low just looking at the dip in tq there.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There is all kinds of tricks to the trade. Numbers can be fudged. Air in and out of the back tire, all kinds of stuff. But if you look at the runs this guy post on the tech forum, he does some seriously nice work. Also nobody is just handing out compliments on that forum. If something is off guys call them out on it. Lot of experienced engine builders and tuners over there.

It might not be the "Best" sheet he has posted, I just linked it because it was right there.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
There is all kinds of tricks to the trade. Numbers can be fudged. Air in and out of the back tire, all kinds of stuff. But if you look at the runs this guy post on the tech forum, he does some seriously nice work. Also nobody is just handing out compliments on that forum. If something is off guys call them out on it. Lot of experienced engine builders and tuners over there.

It might not be the "Best" sheet he has posted, I just linked it because it was right there.
You may be misunderstanding my point. I even said I wasn't bashing the tuner. I know that shop does great work and when I said some shops will do things like that to make the curve look flatter I have no idea if he does or not as it was just a statement so there is no need to defend him at all. Just pointing out a little bit of an optical twist to it. That's all.

Also, by mentioning the dip I was critical of the exhaust match to that cam and not the tuner. Not always the tuners fault. Sometimes you can only do so much with what you have to work with. That exhaust may work much better with a different cam or that cam might work better with a different exhaust. Might not be the optimal pairing but obviously works pretty well past that point.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You may be misunderstanding my point. I even said I wasn't bashing the tuner. I know that shop does great work and when I said some shops will do things like that to make the curve look flatter I have no idea if he does or not as it was just a statement so there is no need to defend him at all. Just pointing out a little bit of an optical twist to it. That's all.

Also, by mentioning the dip I was critical of the exhaust match to that cam and not the tuner. Not always the tuners fault. Sometimes you can only do so much with what you have to work with. That exhaust may work much better with a different cam or that cam might work better with a different exhaust. Might not be the optimal pairing but obviously works pretty well past that point.
Ken, I guess you misunderstood my point. I agree with you on all aspects. All of this stuff can be manipulated to look however the tuner wants it too.
I was trying to point out that Darren is a very well respected tuner among his peers. I spoke to him at length before I chose my cams. He was very professional and he gave me his suggestion, and I wasn't even buying anything from him.
All good brother

1 - 14 of 14 Posts