Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned.

If you can swing it, take time to run the Cabot Trail in both directions. (maybe you are already planning to do that?)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for refreshing some of my memories. The Tallulah Gorge and the surrounding area is a destination all its own for several days of great riding and exploring. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallulah_Gorge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasstown_Bald Wolf Pen Gap - Blood Mountain | Georgia Motorcycle Rides and Motorcycle Roads

Yes, fog in the Smoky Mountains. They didn't get that name for the endless sunshine. :)

The Boone to Blowing Rock area is another area where you can spend several days exploring and soaking in the local beauty.

I haven't been to the Nova Scotia area yet. When I toured New England I didn't have a passport. Hope to get up there so will be following your blog of this trip.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great stuff. I ran from West Virginia up to NS this time last year but I only had a week to do it all. I was blessed with perfect weather though. I had originally hoped to get all the way out to Newfoundland but that'll have to wait until another time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Have been watching your thread and blog. As, I am road caption for a group of a dozen guys leaving in 2 weeks.

Hoping you can give me a little more input on Marine Road. Bumpiest ? Sections that are ok. Such as can we go from Antigonish to Sherbrooke on rt 7, and avoid the bumps ?

I have us two days on Cabot. We do stop and tour places a little. Too much, or too little time ? Ride planner has me about 4 hours in seat, Hawkesbury, along shore road to Sydney, up to Ingonish. A little less next day, around top back to Hawkesbury. Added times for road closures ?

Our ferry got canceled, and we lost a day. So, I do need to tighten up a little bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great Story

This has been a terrific thread. Enjoyed it a lot. My wife and I went east from Niagara Ontario in 15 and ran out of time to do the Cabot Trail. Last year went to Vancouver. And we were going east again, but plans change maybe next year. Your tail was a bit of a void filler.
Thanks from the armchair.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts