Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2006 FLTRI Road Glide I bought in 2014 from a buddy the second owner. Till this year the only work I've had to do was cam chain tensioners.
When it started blowing out the breathers I pulled the top end thinking a hone and rings would suffice. With 92,000 miles and 15,000 since cam chain tensioners were done I chose to check the bottom end.
After finding it was time to rebuild I sent my heads and cases to Larry's Hot Rods and Harleys in Pa. He's an awesome builder with years of experience that started working for his Uncle at 11 years old. With the lack of skilled help an over abundance of work the build took longer than I'd hoped. What I got back made it well worth the wait Larry hooked me up with a Bulletproof 113" big bore kit on it a Screaming Eagle crank and the Thundermax Wave Tune Tuner. At 110HP and 120ftlbs of torque. My Badass Road Glide passes everything but gas stations and I love it.
Just before tearing down this year I mounted new Metzlers with new bearings front and rear. New front calipers a floating rear rotor flushed out and bled master cylinders and lines. I added the 14" meathook apes choosing chubbies to conceal wire harnesses. I ran SS braided cables and brake lines new polyurethane risers and grips by Performance Machine.
Installed a new final belt and new swingarm bushings for a smooth dependable ride and no regrets.
I was undecided on the choice for a motor sprocket. I chipped a tooth on my compensator sprocket as it turns out I had to replace it anyway going with the newer crank for 07 and newer. I decided on a solid sprocket along with a quieter ride primary wise the response at the throttle is instant and I love everything about it. I created my Badass Road Glide that may look like a stock 06 88" twin cam it's far from it.
The heritage in the build is Larry started with his uncle at 11 his uncle is Andy Simon Performance. Last year at 68yo Andy Simon broke the world record being the first to break 7 seconds on a bagger in the quarter mile.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 433485

View attachment 433486

View attachment 433487

Ehh....why not jump in the deep end 😳 Bike is as I bought her except for?
My mods: upgraded cam chain tensioner to hydraulic
Moved my out to my elbows rectangular mirrors from Slim
Must have MadStad shield

Added the front wheel pic just because I like them so much and hopefully one of you old timers can tell me if they’re stock or aftermarket. Engine obviously has a boatload of chrome

BTW: ‘04 88ci 5 speed (putt putt)
We have the same paint scheme yours is an 04 mine is an 06. As far as I know mine is original paint and yours looks to be as well. Do you know if yours is original as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts