Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike ('13 RG Custom) in for 5k service, plus to check out vibration Im getting while riding (the faster you go the worse it gets), along with the tranny clunking /slapping when letting off gas suddenly. According to service writter they couldn't find the source in the primary, gear box oil was clean, and told me it was what the MoCo call nuetral rattle that appears in some of the Big twin bikes since '11(?), and that they have no fix for. Apperently its the gears breaking in and meshing too loosely? Sounds like BS to me, but the service writter handed me a memo from the MoCo stating all this. The vibration feels sorta like a out of balance or out of round tire, but when you clutch it (letting off the gas of course) the vibration goes away. You can feel it in the bars and into the seat the longer you ride. Any body heard of this or what I can do? I asked them what happens if the tranny drops out of it down the road, and got "well we have it documented thats a start". NOT HAPPY!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I know it's not much consolation, but my 2015 RG does your last two things as well and it's only got 1200 miles on it :) Glad I don't have any vibration at speed though.

Some sort of rattle in the gearbox when it's sitting at idle in neutral and the same off-throttle clanking.

I try and ignore it............ chalk it up to HD charm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts