Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have never been its worth checking out.
I went this past thanksgiving. (Canadian)
Left Thurs night to beautiful sunny skies and had three days of sunshine.
This is the route I did once there

https://goo.gl/maps/47Peh2S7AqF2

Some great views and stunning area
I did this basic route to get home after touring around a little

https://goo.gl/maps/SEQUYdy2v7U2

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes kiley that is soom beautiful area there! Fortunate to live close enough to have ridden that stretch many times. Never gets old. There used to be a restaurant , bar right on that stretch called the hawks nest. Not sure what happened but I heard that there was a fire and what was left fell down the side of the hill. It had some of the best scenery from out on the deck. Had some old bikes on the floor in the bar area. Sure do miss it

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Was there last Sunday really awesome road, up the ways is the River Runners Inn great place to eat as well, i continued up to route 52 east another awesome road.:grin:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Next time you come this way, take US-6 across from US-219. I have friends who just took 6 all the way across to Ohio and back and they were thunderstruck by the "Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania" around the mid-point of the trip.

NY-97 is a regular ride for folks in my area and I'll agree with you about the views. some of he views along US-6 are equally as spectacular.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks for the memories. A Jersey native took me through there in 2010 on my first trip to the New England area.
Beautiful.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep it was a fire and I read they could not get the money &/or Insurance to rebuilt. It was a great place. Riding Clubs, Car Clubs, etc... always used to go there.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
That’s one stretch of road that I have been wanting to get out to and ride. Maybe next year I make that happen. Looks like great riding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts