Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last week with kids off school an extra week this year due to school renovations, we decided to take off for NY to Holiday Valley (Ellicottville) for 3 days and my oldest daughter and I would do some skiing while my youngest and wife hung out at the lodges and pool. We frequent an awesome eatery in Ellicottville, The Ellicottville Brewery, for some great lunches (when not skiing) and when we checked out this year decided to drive further north to Gowanda and visit the HD Shop there, after all they contacted me before Christmas to tell me I had won a free Tshirt from Black Friday and needed to pick it up by end of year. They were gracious enough to hold it an extra week for me since I was going to be in their area for skiing.
When we visited the Gowanda Harley Shop, first off, let me tell you it's out in the middle of nowhere but when we found the place we were greeted by the grandson of the original owner and showed around the place. Of course we were the only ones in the place on a snowy, zero degree day! Anyway, the place is much bigger than looks from outside and I learned that his grandfather opened this shop in 1947 and his grandmother who was 95, still lived in the large 2 story house directly in front of this shop. The place is full of so much history it was great to see! Pictures of his grandfather and grandmother on their honeymoon trip on a HD to Canada (and that bike is still there in the shop on display). Many pictures hanging, both very large and some smaller that make it such a treasure to visit. Not your typical HD Shop by any stretch. Picked up my free shirt (which by the way I had an entire display to pick a shirt from) and grabbed up a few other small items from their shop and headed for home back to Central Pa. Wish I had taken more pics at the dealership, but as luck would have it, my wife wants us to plan a day trip there to again visit the shop and have lunch in Ellicottville at the brewery before riding home.
No idea about this shop, but we were treated so nicely and the shop has such rich history, we will be back for another visit but this time on the bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Great pics
Did the dealership sell snow mobiles ?
Must be old looks like plywood floors, a true piece of history

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pics
Did the dealership sell snow mobiles ?
Must be old looks like plywood floors, a true piece of history
Did not see any snowmobiles there at the dealership, however, they did seem to be a main source of transportation in that area as they were parked at different places we went by getting there.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Great pics as usual, Jeff. That looks like a dealer I want to visit. So, maybe this should be Shark Week IX that you will host????

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like a fun time....mmmm dark beer.....
Here's what we had...it was outstanding...
ELLICOTTVILLE BREWING CO.’S FOGLIFTER COFFEE PORTER is brewed with deeply roasted malts and fresh coffee beans. An aromatic, medium-full bodied porter, Foglifter is only brewed with local specialty beans and delivers flavors of subtle, dusty chocolate and bold, dark roast coffee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts