Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike about a week now.... while tinkering and cleaning I found that my O2 sensors are NOT connected. They are simply zipped tied together. I have the true duals but still have the stock air cleaner. New intake and fuelpak are coming next week. My question is.... should I connect them, should I not, should I wait to ride until I get my fuelpak and intake... am I gonna hurt my bike:confused:???

I just wanna make sure I don't damage anything before i even make my first payment :eek:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Who installed the true duals? Some of the fuel tuners do not use the O2 sensors (PowercommanderV) so they leave them disconnected... If you bought it used it may already have a tuner installed on it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly prev owner installed them. Lurch bike from Indy dealer. Pretty sure no FuelPak connected. If it is.... Buried deep inside. I've had all the panels and seats out and don't see one in there.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
If the 02 sensors are in the exhaust just connect them and see what happens, if the bike runs good leave them hooked up, if the bike runs bad unhook them.
Very few EFI tuners require that the 02 sensors be disconnected, most EFI tuners along with the HD ECM requires the 02 sensors to be hooked up to have the bike run correctly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stock A/C... I bet the O2 sensors may not even fit the bungs on the exhaust. Just a thought if you don't have a tuner tucked in there.

No historical DTC codes? (i had an issue once with a PCV and my O2 sensors being unplugged).

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
its possible the previous owner had a piggyback device on the bike that bypassed the o2 sensors, but took it off before he traded/sold it and just didn't reconnect the sensors.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
its possible the previous owner had a piggyback device on the bike that bypassed the o2 sensors, but took it off before he traded/sold it and just didn't reconnect the sensors.
Have to agree with skratch, it's not unusual for this to be the case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for input. Seems like it's not that big a deal for a few days. Like I said, I'm getting my FuelPak next week sooooo....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Piggy back tuners are small generally and easy to hide. Look at the ECM connector. Tuner harness will plug in to the ECM and the bike harness will plug in to the tuner harness at the ECM. The FuelPac on my 13 says unplug the the o2 sensors, the one on my 08 said keep them hooked up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fyi... I went to reconnect the sensors today to see if the bike ran any different... It seems the previous owner hooked up resistors on each lead to the ECM. After removing resistors and reconnecting plugs, Bike seems more responsive on a quick ride but tomorrow I'll ride more and see. I think I'll pull plugs and check them as well.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Thanks everyone for input. Seems like it's not that big a deal for a few days. Like I said, I'm getting my FuelPak next week sooooo....
There are a lot better tuners on the market then the FuelPak so you may want to do some research before buying a tuner.
Make sure to use a tuner that uses the 02 sensors. The 02 sensors will allow the bike to make Air/Fuel Ratio adjustments when necessary.
Many forum members like the Power Vision tuner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts