Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK boys, here's one for ya. Swapping OEM head pipe for Arlen Ness/Magnaflow pro duels. No one at magnaflow's tech dept can answer my question and the H-D service manual doesn't either. question is:

Which O2 sensor is for the front cylinder and which is for the rear?

On the stock head pipe the sensors are practically stacked on top of one another with the top sensor a little forward of the bottom one. It APPEARS that the top sensor is for the rear cylinder and the bottom one is for the front cylinder, but no where in the manual does it confirm this. Just Remove and reinstall sensors in original position.

I know they are color coded and that the connectors to the ECM aren't interchangable, but I cant find a description telling me which sensor (black or grey) controls/goes to which cylinder.

Any one have an answer to this? and can you quote you reference for the answer?

Does it matter?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
What are you working on?

On the newer scooters the harness connectors are mounted side by side. Outer connector is the rear sensor, inner one is the front.

·
Registered
567 Posts
OK boys, here's one for ya. Swapping OEM head pipe for Arlen Ness/Magnaflow pro duels. No one at magnaflow's tech dept can answer my question and the H-D service manual doesn't either. question is:

Which O2 sensor is for the front cylinder and which is for the rear?

On the stock head pipe the sensors are practically stacked on top of one another with the top sensor a little forward of the bottom one. It APPEARS that the top sensor is for the rear cylinder and the bottom one is for the front cylinder, but no where in the manual does it confirm this. Just Remove and reinstall sensors in original position.

I know they are color coded and that the connectors to the ECM aren't interchangable, but I cant find a description telling me which sensor (black or grey) controls/goes to which cylinder.

Any one have an answer to this? and can you quote you reference for the answer?

Does it matter?

Yes it does matter. Grey is the front cylinder and black is the rear cylinder. Then just match the color of the plugs under the right side cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts