Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the October Bike of the Month Competition!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Congrats to our September winner, @Jimmyluv10

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,071 Posts
Cool. I'll toss my hat in the ring.

Current state as on 10-3-21.

2019 Roadglide Special

All CD lighting. Headlight and vent grills
Advanblack Dominator rear fender
Russ Wiernamont front wrap fender
KW 9" Sport flare
Factory 47 signature bars. 14"
Factory 47 Anarchy bag guards
Memphis shades hand guards
Harley Defiance boards. Front and rear
Harley Lowers
Jim Nasi Dash
Biketeonics BT2180.14 Amp
HAT 6.5s in the fairing
Hertz SV 165s in the lowers
All black hardware
Kury brake pedal
Progressive monotubes dropped an inch
Ohlins Blackline rear shocks
Lo profile solo seat
All S&S stage 2 cam chest w/ RS 468 cam
S&S Sidewinder 2-1 exhaust

I'm sure there's a few more things.

Believe it or not. I hate black. Lmao. And I was the one who would point out, "oh look. A blacked out blaxk bike. How original"

Yeppers. I'm that guy. Well. Uh. Ya. I had to try and see if I could make a blacked out black bike stand out. Much to my surprise. It does. Still baffles me. Lol.

Favorite ride on this bike so far? 441 to 19 to the BRP. Into Maggie Valley

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’ll toss mine in here…..

Freedom Shields 14” medium tint touring shield
GADS lower fairing deflectors
KST Legacy 14” apes
MOCO Get a Grip hand grips
MOCO long angled highway pegs
Kuryaken iso pegs
Mustang super touring saddle
Hogworks passenger backrest
Amazon special luggage rack
CD Pro Beam front and rear smoked turn signals
CD BAGZ saddlebag lights
MOCO CVO touring mufflers

Favorite aspect of this bike is the paint. I’ve always owned and been drawn to black. As a matter of fact my last three bikes were black. I swear the first time I saw this one I did a double and triple take and was like dayuuum.

Favorite ride is anyone the ol’ lady hops on the back and we just cruise along to relax. We prefer the northern counties from us with less traffic and less lights. Plenty of mountains and farmland to go through.

Favorite thing is it’s mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
2020 FLTRK. Scorched Orange and Silver Flux paint. My favorites are the Corbin Solo Tour seat with backrest, the hwy pegs for long haul comfort and that fugly ol' Madstad windshield that everybody loves to hate. The wheels have been changed out from the stock 18" front and rear with low profile tires to stock 16" rear and 17" front from the 2019 FLTRU that I had before this bike. I had the 2019 stock wheels powder coated gloss black last winter to match the look of this blacked out bike. The flat black slip on exhaust are "Forsch Performance" pipes made in Kitchener, Ontario Canada; they sound awesome and were reasonably priced at around 800$ Cdn. The saddlebag handles that open and close the lids have been changed to gloss black as well as the kickstand and the shift linkage and even the flagpole mount. I'm still waiting on my cupholder to come in, in gloss black but might have to get that powder coated this winter too. I must say I much prefer the Silver Flux paint as the trim color on the 2020 vs the Denim Black of the 2019. This bike has also been fully ceramic coated from stem to stern and it sure makes it easier to keep clean.

Calgaryglide
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Plant

·
Registered
2018 Bonneville Salt Pearl RGS 128, 2015 Mysterious Red Sunglo RG 103
81 Posts
This is my 2018 RGS "Storm Trooper." What I favor most about this is the color. This is my around town bike. I wrench on it as much as my ability allows. I left the big stuff to the experts.

First was comfort.
16 inch BR Bars with large Avon memory foam grips. Mustang Super Touring Solo seat. Defiance collection driver floorboards, highway and shift pegs. Memphis Shades 6.5" spoiler windshield. Stage II front speaker and amp.

Cosmetic was next.
Color matched inner fairing from The Fairing Exchange. Klockwerks color matched wrapper front fender from The Factory Match. Chopped engine guard and fairing support. Had some custom paint laid down by a great indy shop Johnston Paint and Body, color matched heat shield, saddlebag levers, CVO fairing spoilers, or fangs, CVO style rear fender extension, strut covers, and welded the holes in the stock rear fender to resemble a CVO. 3D printed Bar and Shield on the tank. Two inch lowering springs in the forks and One inch lowering block in the rear. Black bolt kit from HD. Native Custom Bagger flush mount front axel. Custom Dynamics Halo headlight, taillights and windshield trim lighting. DD Custom front turn signals. Advanblack extended side covers.

Drivetrain
First I upgraded to "Stage II" Stock air cleaner with K&N air filter, S&S 475C cam with adjustable pushrods, decatted stock head pipe to CFR mufflers. After about 100 miles something happened and the block cracked below the VIN plate. HD said the block was from a "Bad Mold." Block was replaced and everything was reinstalled and bike rode great. The stage II 107 was very strong, then HD introduced the "Stage IV" 128 and 131 kits. I had to have it! After riding with the stage II awhile, ordered the 128 kit. Upgraded to the Extreme Ventilator air cleaner, 2020 oil pump, back to solid pushrods and Dynojet tuner. It was dyno tuned to 132/132. It is a blast to ride. The last cosmetic item is the custom128 Stage IV primary cover.

Being a solo bike, and having a wife that loves to ride with me, I dont get to take it out as much as I like too. When I do get to ride, it is a blast and gets quite a bit of attention.

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,289 Posts
Picking a winner is going to be tough! All are good lookin' scoots with lots of mods. "Well done" to all of you.

Reactions: Layndrag

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
who won last month?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts