Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about trying to find a pair of OEM CVO mufflers for my 2011 RGU with a 103 engine. Wanting something that is quieter than what I have on there now but breath a little better than the stock 103 mufflers.
1. Opinions about trying that combination?
2. Anyone have a pair for sale?

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
my wife has the cvo mufflers with the full sac 2.0 baffles on her 2012. it is a little louder than with the stock baffles, but not overly so. nice, deep tone to it. definitely not offensive on the road, no droning, interference with sound system, etc.

don't know what you have on there now, but if you leave the cvo mufflers as is, it will be quieter than your stock mufflers (though maybe a little louder if you don't have the cc)

i highly recommend it. and with the advent of the m8 and the corresponding differences in exhaust, the cvo mufflers will start getting scarce.

·
Registered
303 Posts
my wife has the cvo mufflers with the full sac 2.0 baffles on her 2012. it is a little louder than with the stock baffles, but not overly so. nice, deep tone to it. definitely not offensive on the road, no droning, interference with sound system, etc.

don't know what you have on there now, but if you leave the cvo mufflers as is, it will be quieter than your stock mufflers (though maybe a little louder if you don't have the cc)

i highly recommend it. and with the advent of the m8 and the corresponding differences in exhaust, the cvo mufflers will start getting scarce.
I have the same as above and the description is accurate! Ive been very happy with it!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I bought a pair of CVO mufflers on eBay, and did the full-sac midsize core conversion for my 2008 105th anniversary. Liked the sound and Possible increase in hp & tq. Then did the full-sac true dual. Liked the sound, but did not like the increase in heat on my legs. Sold the 2008 to buy a new 2018 FLTR Special in white. Also bought a new tourPak in white, and lower HD fairings in white.

I have FOR SALE my 2008 king TourPak
Sanchez air deflectors
Hog-chops lower fairings,
all in matching copper pearl.
Also, MadStad windshield.

Beautiful set.

Check out my Picts. I am in North Central Florida - Gainesville.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've been thinking about trying to find a pair of OEM CVO mufflers for my 2011 RGU with a 103 engine. Wanting something that is quieter than what I have on there now but breath a little better than the stock 103 mufflers.
I think I still have a set from a 2013 CVO road glide. I would be willing to part with. I will have to look when I get home from work to make sure I still have them. You offer a reasonable price and you pay shipping from Louisiana and they are yours. I will look for them asap. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
CVO cans

I've been running CVO cans with "2 Fullsac cores and love it. Low deep idle and cruising sound but really barks if you wick the throttle. I have another set of '13 CVO cans with less than 100 miles on them that i was going to put a set of the 2.25 or 2.5" cores in but decided not to. They're packed and ready to ship or meet you with them...T:grin:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes, I still have them. If you or anyone else wants them just let me know. They are just like brand new. The bike was 2 days old when I took them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts